Chapter 36: Messy Chapter

A/N: as yall know idk how to write titles but this is a pretty unorganized chapter. it just has a lot going on. this is not proofread so prepare for spelling and grammar errors!

Naruto sat there on the edge of his seat watching shii go down. 😳

"Neji... You have hurt me so many times! DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'VE GONE THROUGH BECAUSE OF YOU?!? But I guess that it's not really your fault... Look Neji we're done! Okay." y/n said.

"Y/n! Please!" Neji yelled.

"Neji! You have to understand I don't feel like I need a relationship right now! I just saw my boyfriend and my best-friend making out! How am I supposed to react?!? I just feel like it'd be better for the both of us. I mean look at you Neji. You could pull any girl. Now you have nothing stopping you."

"But I don't want other girls y/n. I want you." his eyes were tearing up. Y/n looked away from him.

"Y/n. Neji loves you so much. It was my fault." Tenten said standing up and placing her hand on my arm.

"You have no right to be speaking!" she snapped. Tenten instantly pulled back.

"I meant what I said. I don't think I could take this anymore. I'm gonna focus on myself and as a kunoichi, so out! Now!" she pointed to the door. Tenten and Neji got up and left. Tears were streaming down all of their faces. Naruto got up too.

"Do I leave also?" he asked.

"You can stay Naruto." y/n replied. He nodded.

The next day training was very... awkward. Guy sensei paired up y/n and Neji like usual.

Y/n didn't say a word and neither did Neji. They let their skills talk for themselves. Y/n was more focused though and beat him a few times.

"Neji! Come on that's already 4-1!" Guy sensei said observing.

"Sorry Guy sensei." he responded.

A few more rounds. Neji lost most of them. He seemed as if he was fighting hard to stay awake.

"Switch partners. Lee and Neji. Y/n and Tenten." he said. Why Guy sensei?!? I wanted to go with Lee. y/n thought.

They sparred but y/n was of course on a different level from Tenten. Y/n went harder than usual. To the point where Tenten was bruised nearly everywhere.

"Y/n! I need a break." Tenten panted just as y/n was about to kick her she pulled back.

"Yeah sorry." she responded and went to get water.

They started to spar again. Until Guy sensei said they had to end early because of an emergency they needed him to attend to.

Tenten was on the floor. Y/n came over and held out her hand and helped Tenten up.

"I thought we're not friends anymore you didn't like me." Tenten remarked.

"I do. I despise you. But we're still teammates. We have to see each other everyday." y/n replied.

After training y/n headed over to get some stuff from the grocery store. Neji was there. She attempted to avoid him, minding her own business.

"Oh y/n. Can we talk it out?" he asked as he passed her.

"We talked it out yesterday." she said and continued shopping.

"I promise I'll be better."

"Now you're just being clingy." y/n grabbed a bottle of soy sauce without giving a glance to Neji. He stopped and walked away in defeat.

Weeks went by. Y/n attempted to stay clear from Tenten but would still talk to Neji. Despite the fact they were broken up she still likes him. She told Hinata about the incident and Hinata was the real friend here. She was ashamed of Tenten and Neji a bit and told y/n to focus on herself. So she did. She was growing happier and happier.

But then Asuma sensei passed. Y/n did everything she could to help Shikamaru and Choji. She spent more time with them and every once in a while treated them to barbecue. She helped Ino sometimes with the flower shop.

Neji made earnest attempts at winning y/n over.

One day y/n was going to visit Ino at the flower shop. On her way there she spotted Neji. But it seemed he didn't notice her. When she got the flower shop Ino was there smiling.

"Hey y/n!" she said, happier than usual.

"Hi Ino. How are you?" y/n asked. Ino sighed a bit.

"I'm okay. But you got an admirer!" Ino said happily. She pulled out a small bouquet of pink calla lilies that had a little ribbon around it.

"It's for you! Pink calla lilies for appreciation and admiration. I wish Sasuke would do that to me." Ino explained with a sigh. Y/n walked over and grabbed the flowers. A little note was attached to it.

"You're still onto that duck-butt? He left the village. Obviously he only cares about revenge." she sighed.

"I know. It's just... I don't know." Ino said. Y/n let out a little chuckle.

"How about you? What does the note say?" Ino asked.

"I don't know. I don't really want to read it."

"Aww come on! I'd die to have someone give me flowers like that."

"Fine." y/n said with a sigh.

"Hi, y/n. I hope you're doing good. I hope you accept my flowers. Sincerely, Neji." she read. She rolled her eyes.

"He could've just told me at training."

"Y/n. Why don't you give him another chance. He spent like an hour asking me what each flower meant." Ino complained.

"I'm working on myself Ino and you should too." she chuckled. Then Shikamaru and Choji came in.

"Hey Ino! Hi y/n!" Choji said eating some limited edition chips.

"Choji! Where did you get that?!?!" y/n immediately asked pointing to his chips.

"Oh Neji gave me it. He told me to give this one to you." Choji handed y/n another bag of limited edition chips as well. Y/n's face lit up with joy.

"Thank you Choji!" she quickly took the bag and stared at it with admiration.

"Tch we came all the way over here to give this and you don't even say hi to me." Shikamaru chuckled.

"Oh sorry! Hey Shika!" they all laughed.

After talking for a bit, y/n walked home with her flowers and limited edition chips.

She kept thinking of Neji. He was persistent, she gave him that. But she wanted to do more with her life. And especially because the Akatsuki had began to act, she would need to hone her skills.