Chapter 18: Unsightly Events

~Time Skip to the Forest of Death~

"Byakugan!"

"Ya see anything Neji?" y/n asked.

"Nobody yet." he replied. Tenten sighed.

"How about we split up?" Lee suggested. They had been running for half an hour and still had not encountered anyone with an Earth scroll.

"Okay." the three of them said.

"I'll go alone." Lee said.

"Same here." Neji added.

"Okay then I'll stay with Tenten." y/n remarked. They all nodded and then bursted off into different directions.

A/N: They didn't show much of their team in the chunin exams and I don't want to make up a whole fight scene because I suck at writing fight scenes so they'll be a lot of time skips.

~Time Skip 3rd Test~

Y/n's, Shikamaru's, Hinata's and Naruto's whole teams had decided to stay. Y/n was excited that they made it. But she started to fidget with her hands and crack her knuckles. She just couldn't stay still, her anxiety was eating her away.

~Skip to Neji and Hinata's fight~

Y/n was on her toes as she bit down on her lip. She knew how much Neji resented the head family and how timid Hinata was. This is not gonna end well. She thought. Surprisingly Hinata came at Neji first. She used her Gentle Fist technique and hit him. Y/n winced at the sight of her boyfriend taking the hits. But instead Neji just smirked. Hinata looked shocked. It was then Neji's time to fight back. He was much more aggressive, every hit filled with hate and pain. His anger boiled inside him. He would take his revenge right then and there on the head family by beating up Hinata.

"Give up!" he would say. Y/n kept quiet for she wanted to scold Neji for saying such rude things but didn't want Hinata to feel pitied by her.

"I won't." even after the brutal hits she had taken, Hinata still fought.

"You can't change your fate. This is your destiny. A failure of the head branch! And I can't escape my fate either." Neji hit Hinata, causing her to fall down and cough out blood.

"You can do it Hinata! Don't give up!" Naruto yelled from the sidelines. And his words of encouragement seemed to work for she got up yet again.

"Why? Why do you keep going when you know you can't win?" he asked angrily.

"I never give up because that's my ninja way." she fell to the ground, her body was now feeling the pain of the gentle fist and her chakra was all gone. Her body laid limp on the floor but her words had now angered Neji. He charged at her but was stopped by not 1 but 4 ninjas. She had already passed out and this was Neji's win. Y/n rushed down to see Hinata.

"Is she going to be okay?" she asked a medic who was caring her fragile friend.

"After some treatment she should be fine." he reassured her. She nodded and walked over to Neji.

"That was too far Neji." she said. They continued to walk. The next fight had already begun.

"It's her fault. She's the one who pushed herself so far. She should've given up while she had the chance." Neji replied.