Chapter 39: Weird Couple

Y/n woke up groggily and with a massive headache. She sat up and walked to her bathroom where she then threw up in the toilet. She cleaned her self up soon afterwards.

"From just one cup of sake. I'm never drinking that again." she muttered to herself. She looked at her clocked. It was 10:08 am.

"Crap I'm late to training." Y/n hurriedly got dressed and rushed to training. But she felt nauseous throughout her run.

She arrived panting.

"S-sorry...I'm l-late... G-Guy sensei." y/n said.

"Oh y/n! I thought you wouldn't be able to make it today. Neji said you didn't feel good and you weren't coming. Are you okay?" Guy sensei responded.

"Yeah...I'm fine. Just a ...light headache."

"Great! Just start with a light jog around the village to warm up and then meet back for sparing." he ordered.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Neji asked.

"I'm fine." she responded.

She nodded to Guy sensei and left to jog.

After what seemed about 20 minutes y/n was still not back yet.

"It's taking y/n longer than usual." Lee pointed out.

"Yeah usually she'd be done by 10 minutes ago." Tenten added.

"Hmm. Neji go check on her. You said she wasn't feel well so maybe she fainted." Guy sensei suggested. Neji nodded and set off to find her.

It took about only 5 minutes to find her trudging along, almost to the training grounds.

"I'm almost there." she panted.

Suddenly Neji came into her view.

"What are you doing here Neji? I'm almost done."

"You're taking too long. Let's go. I'll carry you." he said.

"No it's fine. I'm almost there."

"You look as if you're about to pass out. You should've stayed home."

Y/n trudged as Neji followed along. She then stopped a bit and bent over. Neji stopped as well.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Just cramps."

Neji walked towards her and was going to pick the fragile girl up but she instead threw up on Neji's shirt.

"I'm so sorry! OMG!" she exclaimed. He let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes while his eyebrows were furrowed.

"I told you stay at home!" he yelled.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." she repeated.

"Ugh!" he grunted as he took off his shirt. Y/n instantly blushed and looked away.

The two of them walked over to a restaurant and asked for napkins to clean up. Then Neji picked up the Uchiha girl and threw her over his shoulder while holding his dirty shirt in the other hand.

They got back to the training ground.

"She threw up." Neji stated before his team even had a chance to ask.

"Oh...Okay. Well y/n and Neji you're excused since you stink." Guy sensei said bluntly.

Neji then carried y/n to her house and put her down once they arrived.

"I'll be on my way now." Neji said and turned to leave but then she tapped his shoulder.

"Uh. Neji... I'm really sorry about today and yesterday, so thank you for helping me. I haven't repaid you yet. W-would you like to come in? I can wash your shirt or make you something." y/n offered.

He stood there for a second until agreeing to come in. He took a seat at the dinner table. Y/n grabbed his shirt and began washing it. (idk how they wash clothes but definitely not a washing machine) after she was done she hung the shirt up on the clothing line to dry. Y/n then went to get a shirt from Sasuke's room and threw it at Neji, blushing.

"Here. It's Sasuke's." she said looking away from him.

"Do you want some tea? Or oni- Damn it. I forgot to get groceries." she was about to ask.

"I have tea though. Here I'll get you some." she said as she got out 2 packets of tea and 2 cups. Once she made the tea she handed a cup to Neji and sat down across from him.

She then got up and went to her room and returned with money in her hand. She held out the money to him. He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What's this for? I don't need money." he said.

"You payed for my ramen yesterday. I'm paying you back." she insisted as she handed him the money.

Y/n sat back down and sipped her tea.

"Thank you again." she said to Neji.

"Yeah." was all he said.

They sat there, silently drinking their tea.

"Shouldn't you get groceries?" Neji finally broke the silence.

"Hehe... Yeah but I mean you're here so I'll just get them later."

Neji abruptly stood up after finishing his tea.

"Oh are you leaving already?" y/n asked a bit disappointed.

"Let's go." he said.

"Where?"

"You needed groceries right? Let's go. I don't want you throwing up on more people so I'll accompany you." Neji explained.

Y/n's face lit up a bit. She nodded and got up. Together they walked to the grocery store. Neji grabbed a cart and followed y/n. She picked out her food and condiments that she needed. They then bumped into Naruto in the instant food aisle. He was squatting down looking for instant ramen. He then saw the two and stood up.

"Oh hey y/n and Neji! What are you guys doing here?" Naruto asked cheerfully.

"Hi, Naruto! Just getting some groceries." y/n replied.

"Oh oka- WAIT! ARE YOU TWO BACK TOGETHER?!?" he exclaimed. Both at blushed deeply.

"N-NO! Neji was just helping me get groceries. Th-that's all!" y/n stammered. She looked up at Neji who was looking up, away from her and Naruto. One hand was covering his mouth. But it looked like he was blushing.

"Just get together already! You guys are so weird!" Naruto said.

They headed over to check out. Neji helped carry the bags of grocery. By the time they got to y/n's house Neji's shirt was already dry. Neji set down the groceries on the table as she took his shirt down from the clothing line and handed it to him.

He then took off Sasuke's shirt and put on his own, right in front of her. Y/n's face grew a bright red as she looked away.

"S-stupid! You could've just changed in the bathroom!" she exclaimed.

"It's not like it's the first time you've seen me without a shirt." he smirked. Which caused y/n to blush even more.

"Anyway thank you...again." she said once he was changed.

"Yeah. No problem." he then left. Y/n's heart was beating fast. For some reason she had wanted him to say more.

Life as an Uchiha - Neji x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara