Chapter 17: Chunin Exams

Today was the day. The day of the Chunin Exams. The alarm rang loudly, echoing in y/n's thoughts. She had waken up very early because she couldn't contain herself. Excitement filled her but at the same time she was nervous. She sprung up and got ready for she was waiting for her alarm to go off. Y/n had been lying in bed staring at the ceiling since 5:00 a.m it was now 6:30 a.m.

"Sasuke!" she yelled as she entered the boy's room while tying up her hair. (or brushing it if you want it down or its short).

"Hn." the boy groggily said as he sat up. On any other day he would've groaned and put his head under his pillow but he knew today was important. Y/n was already ready and hurriedly ate her breakfast. She had left 15 minutes before Sasuke.

"Hey y/n." Tenten said as they both met at the entrance of classroom 301. Y/n waved back and found Lee and Neji waiting near the classroom.

"Shall we go?" Neji asked.

"Good morning!" Lee greeted. The four of them walked to the classroom but Lee was greeted by a nasty kick by 2 boys guarding the entrance. They then hit Tenten.

"Hey what the hell!" y/n said.

"How are you guys gonna become chunins on that level?" one of the boys asked with a snicker.

"Yeah you're just kids. We're doing you a favor. Just quit now." the other one said. Y/n was ready to slug them. She reached down to her pocket to grab a kunai knife, but Lee stopped her and shook his head.

"We shouldn't resort to violence. Don't stoop as low as them. Also I don't want to draw attention and make a scene." Lee said. She frowned but stopped.

"Give up you won't pass." they urged.

"Sorry to say this but I will." a certain duck butt said. Sasuke entered the room with a smirk. Sakura and Naruto were close behind.

"Hey y/n!" Naruto said with a big smile. Sakura waved and y/n waved back. Sasuke didn't even acknowledge her, well maybe because he saw her this morning already.

"See this is the second floor not the third. I won't be tricked by your mind games. Sakura you should've already caught on." Sasuke said confidently. Sakura blushed and nodded.

"Yeah. You see this is classroom 201 not 301." she explained. Naruto nodded.

Suddenly one of the boys was about to launch at Sasuke and as defense Sasuke was about to kick back but was interrupted by Lee catching both of their kicks. It all happened so fast that even Sasuke was surprised.

"Hey you broke your promise. You said you didn't want to stand out or make a scene yet here you are." said Neji. Lee then glanced over to Sakura and blushed profusely.

"Ahh that must be why." Tenten said shaking her head. Lee then approached the pink haired girl.

"Hi, I'm Rock Lee! Let's go out, I'll protect you until I die!" he said with a big smile and a thumbs up. Tenten and y/n face palmed as Neji shook his head. Y/n then walked over to where Neji was leaning and poked him.

"Good thing you didn't confess like that." she said with a snicker. Neji's cheeks were now red.

"Hey. I'm not an idiot like him." he said looking away. She giggled again.

"Hey don't call Lee an idiot." she replied in a pouty voice.

"I'm kidding." Neji put his arm over her shoulder and pulled her in for a hug. His lips lightly brushed her forehead. Y/n giggled at his action.

"Hey Hyuga get away from my cousin." Sasuke said. He let go of y/n. Sasuke and Neji had an intense stare down.

"Guys, let's go to the classroom." y/n trying to break the tension.

"Hmph." they both said in unison. Neji and y/n walked over to where Lee was. Tenten had to tug him because he was just rejected by Sakura and was now feeling down. Sasuke and his squad left. Y/n's team made it to the classroom where Hinata and Shikamaru's team were just entering.

"H-hi y/n." Hinata said.

"Hey Hinata." she replied.

"Uh where's L-lee?" the shy girl asked as she looked around. Y/n looked around too, only to find a missing Lee. (ironic hehe)

"Neji. Where's Lee?" she asked.

"He said he was going to use the restroom but it's been a while." Neji replied.

"He's just in the restroom." y/n said to Hinata. She then walked over to Shikamaru, Choji, and Ino.

"Hi y/n!" Choji said. Shikamaru waved.

"Hey Choji. What's up Shikamaru?" she replied. Ino stood there closely eyeing her.

"Where's Sasuke?" Choji asked as he ate his chips.

"Oh actually I'm not sure. I just saw him a few minutes ago."

"This is gonna be such a drag." Shikamaru said yawning.

"Uh where is that duck butt and that bushy browed idiot?" y/n said as she looked at the door.

"Who?" Choji asked.

"Oh I meant Sasuke and Lee."

"Hey, don't call Sasuke a duck butt!" Ino said angrily.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" y/n asked.

"I'm Ino Yamanaka. Aka Sasuke's girlfriend." she said as she crossed her arms. Y/n bursted out in laughter.

"BAHAHAHA! Sasuke doesn't have a girlfriend and if he did it'd probably Naruto! Oh wait I meant boyfriend BAHAHAHA!" she exclaimed.

"Well I meant future girlfriend and Sasuke is NOT gay. How would you know? And I know you're trying to steal him from me by saying that." Ino snapped. Shikamaru sighed and Choji laughed as he ate another chip.

"Yeah right. Me trying to steal Sasuke from you pft. Haha. Plus, he talks about how fast Naruto is improving or how annoying he is every night. He doesn't talk about anyone else."

"You see him every night?!?" Ino asked in surprise.

"Yep. Pretty much."

"You're lying."

"Nope not really."

Then Sasuke came in and Ino ran over to hug him.

"Oh my Sasuke! I missed you. But is it true you see her every night?" the blonde girl said pointing to the h/c girl.

"Yeah I do and what of it?" Sasuke said as he pushed Ino off him. Sakura stuck her tongue out at Ino.

"Yeah Ino-pig! Sasuke loves her and not you." Sakura said. Ino's face grew red.

"Well how do you know he loves her? And he doesn't love you either billboard-brow." Ino snarled back.

"He loves me!" y/n said with a closed eye smile, amused by watching this all unravel. Neji shook his head and Tenten snickered a bit.

"WHAT?!? Sasuke is that true?!?"

"Yeah yeah it's true." he said sighing. Y/n went to Neji and held his hand as she giggled. Neji snickered and smirked. Ino frowned at the scene.

"Sasuke, she's cheating on you! She's holding hands with Neji! She doesn't deserve you!" Ino said.

"Oi shut up! She's my cousin you idiot. And if anything I don't deserve her." he said and Ino immediately shut up.

"I'm gonna be the next Hokage!" Naruto shouted, trying to break the tension but instead made the eyes of the other contestants turn to look at him. A white haired man then approached them. Lee took this opportunity to get back with his group.

"Lee where have you been?" Tenten asked.

"I was challenging Sasuke." he replied. After a few more minutes a man named Ilbiki came in and explained the first test. Soon it began.