Chapter 9: The Sand Siblings

The next day was uncomfortably silent. Until half way through the day there were Hidden Rain Ninjas that appeared. They were waiting, camouflaged in the sand.

"Ahh!" Saya shrieked as a hand grabbed her ankle from below. Lee quickly kicked it. Suddenly, 5 Hidden Rain Ninjas appeared. Before they got a chance to fight, y/n used her Phoenix Sage justu against 4 of them. Tenten then threw shurikens at them as Neji used his 64 palms. Hitting the 4 ninjas each 16 times. Lee then finished them with his Leaf Hurricane. Guy sensei had quickly taken care of the 5th ninja.

"I'm so proud of you! You're guys's teamwork is amazing now!" Guy sensei praised them. They continued their journey in silence.

~Time Skip to the Village of the Sand~

They safely returned Saya and said their goodbyes. The Sand took custody of her.

"I have some paperwork to fill out so you can explore for the rest of the day! Just be back before dinner!" Guy exclaimed. They nodded then left. Y/n started to run.

"Hey y/n! Where are you going?" Tenten asked.

"Exploring. He never said we had to stick together!" y/n ran off with a smirk. After a few minutes of running y/n came to a stop. I am officially lost. Hehe but this is a new adventure so it's fine! she thought. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind came over her and some sand flew into her eyes. She rubbed her eyes and looked to the direction of where the wind had been blown, only to see a blonde girl with a giant fan, a face painted boy in a onesie, and a red haired boy carrying a gourd.

"Who are you?" y/n asked while squinting. The blonde girl swung her fan and an even stronger gust of wind was blown. But y/n had learned Wind Release and countered it by using her breathe similar to Fire Ball jutsu but without the fire. The blondie smirked.

"I'm here for a mission! I'm from the Hidden Leaf and I don't want any trouble." y/n added.

"You're strong. I like you." the blondie said back.

"I'm y/n Uchiha."

"I'm Temari. Sorry about that. I thought you were an intruder." Temari said.

"And I'm Kankuro. Please excuse my sister's rudeness. Nice to meet such a beautiful lady." the boy in a onesie said.

"Oh and this is my other brother Gaara. He doesn't talk much though. Where is your team? You look a little young to be on a mission by yourself." Temari added after hitting Kankuro. Y/n let out a little giggle.

"I'm actually lost. I went to explore and I got lost. Hehe." she said sheepishly.

"Do you want to join us for lunch? We were just heading to a ramen shop right now." Temari invited. She gratefully nodded her head and followed the siblings to a ramen restaurant. Luckily she had money to pay. She began to talk to Temari. The two of them had a lot in common and immediately became friends. Kankuro started to flirt with y/n, flashing a pervy grin. Temari dragged Kankuro out of the shop.

"Excuse me y/n but Kankuro and I have to have a little talk." Temari gave a devilish grin as she dragged Kankuro. Y/n gave a giggle and nodded.

"You're Gaara right?" y/n said, trying to spark a conversation. He ignored her.

"What do you carry in that gourd?" she asked.

"My sand." he looked at her with the intent to kill. She could feel the bloodlust in his stare, but simply smiled, which left a confused look on Garras face.

"You're not scared of me? Or are you just stupid?" Gaara asked.

"Yay I got you to say something! But why would I be scared of you?" she replied.

"I've killed multiple people. I live to kill. I have a monster living inside of me. You should be scared." Gaara said blatantly.

"You haven't killed me yet." she chuckled.

"I can. I can kill you right now."

"But you haven't because I'm your friend right?" y/n gave a big grin, causing Gaara to blush a bit but looked confused.

"I'm not your friend."

"Okay sure."

Temari came back in with Kankuro, who looked sad and defeated. They spent a couple of more hours simply talking.

"It's getting late I should head back." y/n said.

"Do you need help?" Temari snickered.

"Oh yeah! I'm lost!" they bursted out laughing except for Garra. They walked her back to the inn.

"Bye! Thank you for today." y/n said as the siblings waved with smiles.

"Be sure to visit!" added Temari.

"Yeah, you can come over if you want." Kankuro said but the sentence was ruined by his perverted grin which earned a smack from Temari.

"See ya Gaara!"