Chapter 20: Disaster

~Time Skip Final Exam~

Sasuke had gone with Kakashi to train and notified y/n but didn't tell her where. She met up with Tenten at the entrance.

"Is Neji already here?" Tenten asked.

"He said he'd be early. I'm sure he's already here." y/n replied. They took their seats and soon later Neji and Naruto were there. The first fight began.

Y/n was on the edge of her seat. At first it seemed as if Neji had a secure win, but Naruto, the #1 Unpredictable ninja, made a comeback.

"Come on Neji." y/n mumbled but in her mind she was rooting for Naruto. Something about him made her have a hope for the future. Naruto had ended up winning while Neji was sent to the infirmary. Tenten and her rushed down to check on their injured teammate. As they were about to enter the room Hiashi left.

"Are you okay?" y/n asked. He nodded.

"Actually I feel a lot better." he said, smiling to himself. The two girls looked at each other a bit confused by his behavior.

"You just took a beating. Are you sure you're okay?" Tenten asked with concern.

"Well physically, I am very much sore and bruised but I'm happy I learned the truth." Neji said. Tenten and y/n looked confused yet again. He then took the hint and explained to them about his father. Once he was finished y/n hugged him. He embraced her in his arms. Her head laid in the crook of his neck.

"I'm glad you're okay." she whispered to him. He let out a wholesome smile.

"We should get back. Sasuke's fight is soon right?" Tenten suggested. They all nodded but suddenly heard the crowd outside roar. There was a crackling electricity but then the ground began to shake.

"What's going on?!?" Tenten asked as they all fell. Once the shaking stopped they step outside only to find a few jonins and anbus fighting with Hidden Sand and Sound ninjas while everyone else was asleep.

"N-Neji!" a Hyuga trudges over to them holding his shoulder.

"They took Hinata-sama." he explained. Neji's face lit up with concern which surprised the two girls. Neji began to take action and started to walk off to where the other Hyuga pointed.

"Neji!" y/n and Tenten both yelled

"Stay here. I'll save her. It's my job to protect her anyway." Neji said sternly. Y/n was surprised by his concern for his cousin he once resented. He really did change after learning the truth and that made her happy. He was interrupted by Kiba.

"Wait! I overheard you guys. Hinata is my teammate and friend so I should help too." Kiba insisted. Both of the girls agreed, leaving Neji no choice but to accept their help.

"Fine." he said and they went off.

(Okay so basically this was a filler about what they were doing while the others were chasing Sasuke and Gaara. If you don't watch filler, Neji saves Hinata from a few Sand Ninjas with the help of Hiashi, Kiba, Tenten, and in this case y/n.)

~Time Skip After the Attack on Konoha~

"SASUKE!" y/n yelled as she ran to her cousin. He rubbed the back of his neck, trying to ignore her, knowing that he'll be scolded.

"Answer me when I call you!" she said as she slapped him in the face. She had already learned the details from Sakura and Naruto and was still in shock that Gaara was a tailed beast. A hint of betrayal filled her but she was occupied by Sasuke for now.

"Do you know how worried I was?!?" she said. Her voice was shaky and tears began to build up in her eyes.

"What would I have done if I loss you?!? You're all I have! Sasuke! Y-you could've died! I-I didn't even know where you were! I-I'm such a horrible cousin." tears now flooded down her cheeks. Her arms were swung over Sasuke as she hugged him tightly. She grabbed his shirt and buried her face in the crook of his neck. He gently put his arms around her.

"You're not a failure. I'm sorry." Sasuke said.

"You should be!" y/n remarked. He chuckled and patted her head.

A/N: Sorry if this was really sloppy. I'm tired and don't feel like writing action. The next part will be when Naruto vs Sasuke on the rooftop after their mission from the Land of Tea. Hope you guys are enjoying the story. I'm gonna be throwing a challenge at y/n and Neji's relationship soon so be prepared. Also I'm not making Neji die because I love him sm and I can't do that to MYSELF.