Chapter 29: Uso-tsuki

Everyone looked shocked and in disbelief. They all turn towards Neji. (who was also in disbelief) They all looked at him as if expecting him to say something but all he could do were let out barely audible gasps and noises. The nurse walked away, allowing them to discuss.

"Uh well. Neji you're going to be a father." Guy sensei said. No one said congratulations. Because no one wanted this to happen. Y/n looked at Nejj with a sense of betrayal.

"Well... Good luck." she simply said and got up and left. Neji followed her, grabbing her arm.

"Wait! Y/n!" he called after her. She turned around with tears streaming down her face.

"Hey. Do you remember? You told me that you love me. Hahaha. You liar." she said in a soft voice. (this is an audio from tiktok lol just look up 'uso-tsuki' on tiktok and you'll find it).

"Y/n... That's not my child. I-I didn't. I-it's not m-mine." Neji let out.

"Uso-tsuki." (liar).

"Please believe me y/n! It's not mine! I don't know who's it is!" he said, his voice cracking. She ran. She ran home. Home. If only Sasuke was there. It's not fair! I'm the one who worked my butt off to get here. None of this is fair. Haha. But then again... Who said life was fair? She thought. She was giving up. Losing hope. How many disasters did it take for her to admit defeat? How much more would it take to break her?

There was a knock on the door.

"Go away!" she shouted. But then a shadow moved under the door and unlocked it.

"Well going away would be a drag." Shikamaru said walking in.

"Shikamaru?"

"Yo."

"Why are you here?"

"Well I was supposed to tell you that Gaara wanted to see you, but you don't seem to be in the best mood." he said, sitting down next to her.

"Akua's pregnant." y/n said bluntly. Shikamaru's eyes widened.

"Well that's certainly a surprise. You know my offer is still standing: Want me to strangle him?" he said.

"But he said that it wasn't his. I don't know what to believe?" (mama said it's my fault it's my fault i wear my heart on my sleeve).

"Well did it seem like he was lying? Did Akua say anything?" Shikamaru asked.

"I don't know."

"Hmm. Well you should head over to Gaara. I'll look more into this."

"Really? It's not like you to take initiative like this. I thought'd it be too much of a drag for you."

"Well something seems off in this situation and I hate seeing you like this."

Y/n gave Shikamaru a big hug. He lightly tapped her back.

"Thanks Shika."

"Yeah yeah. Gaara said he's waiting at Ichiraku." Shikamaru said. She nodded her head and wiped her eyes and headed over to Gaara, explaining what had just happened.

-Where Shikamaru is at-

Shikamaru walked over to the Hyuga Compound.

"Oh Shikamaru. It's rare of you to visit." Hiashi greeted him.

"I was wondering where Akua is?" he got straight to the point. Shikamaru hated delaying his plans.