Chapter 14: Small Talk

The two girls hovered over the embarrassed girl who was now covering her face with her hands. Hinata poked her a bit.

"Come on y/n! It's just us." Tenten said in a loudish whisper.

"Y-yeah. You can tell us." Hinata added.

"Well nothing really." the flushed girl said as she tried to dodge the subject.

"I just went for a walk through the garden. I couldn't sleep."

"Liar!" Tenten exclaimed. Hinata could even tell. Y/n's face was a bright pink and very noticeable even in the dark room. Hinata continued to poke her and Tenten gave her a 'you better tell me or you're not gonna hear the end of it' stare. Y/n covered her face again and giggled.

"Okay fine. I just bumped into Neji in the garden." she said. It was true but it wasn't the whole truth.

"And?" Tenten said as if she expected her to continue.

"What did he say?" Hinata asked in a whisper.

"We just talked." y/n said, with her hands still over her face. Tenten was very close to strangling the truth out of her. Y/n caught on and finally gave in.

"O-okay fine! But you guys better not tell anyone. Neji kissed me. My first kissed." she said as she hugged a pillow and squealed.

"OMG! Where?" Tenten asked, with excitement. Hinata looked excited too and nodded.

"On the lips." her face was now boiling.

Tenten and Hinata squealed and hugged the embarrassed girl.

"So are you guys a thing now?" Hinata actually asked. She was very much curious, and it gave her hope. If her best friend could find love she can too. With Naruto!

"Mhm!" y/n said nodding. Soon after they fell asleep.

~Time Skip Morning~

There was a light knock on the door. Y/n groggily woke up to open it, only to find her new boyfriend standing there. She looked surprised and a bit scared, for she was a mess. Neji smiled and kissed her forehead. Y/n lit up and stood there awkwardly.

"You looked cute when you're flustered." he said with a smirk. No one would ever think of Neji as the flirtatious type. But he was almost 15 and Y/n was also almost 15 so it's only normal for hormones to kick in.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Hn. I'm here to wake you guys up. It's time for breakfast." he walked in and snatched the blanket off of Hinata and then clapped in her ear, waking her up with a shock and little screech. Despite his feelings for y/n, Neji was still against the head family, meaning that he despised Hinata. Y/n gently shook Tenten to wake her, but Tenten did not wake up. She was a deep sleeper. So instead she tackled Tenten, waking her up. Tenten wheezed and tackled back. They were like two puppies play fighting each other. But then Tenten noticed Neji.

"Ooo Neji and y/n hm?" she asked. The couple both flushed bright red. Tenten then stood up and stood directly in front on Neji and leaned in so close to his face, y/n got nervous that they might kiss. But instead.

"You better not break her heart because if you do, that pretty face of yours won't be so pretty and there may be a few weapons sticking out of it." Tenten said in a deep and serious voice. Her voice must have been so menacing that even The Neji Hyuga gulped.

"Okay now let's eat breakfast!" she then said again in her usual voice. Hinata nodded and walked out with Tenten.

"Don't mind Tenten." y/n said to Neji. He nodded, then slipped his fingers in between hers. They made their way to the dining room. Hiashi was sitting down, waiting. He then glanced over at Neji and y/ns hands and they immediately let go. Everyone took a seat. Hanabi sat in between Hinata and Hiashi. While y/n sat in between Neji and Tenten.

"How was your sleep?" Hiashi said, making a little small talk.

"We all slept well." Tenten replied.

"That's good to hear." he said in return. Neji hated small talk so he ate his food quickly without looking up. Y/n noticed that and gave a little squeeze to his hand underneath the table. Her action caused him to look up and smile.

"Thank you so much for having us." y/n said as Tenten and her left the conpound after they had eaten. Neji left with them.

"Where are you going, Neji?" Hiashi asked.

"It doesn't concern you." he replied. Hiashi frowned but Neji continued to walk with the two girls.

"Where are you going Neji?" y/n asked. He shrugged. Tenten then made a realization and grinned.

"Oh I just remembered! My mom wanted me to help her decipher some scrolls today. I got to go y/n. See ya tomorrow." Tenten said quickly as she rushed off in a hurry.

"Uh-oh okay." y/n said. Neji had walked all the way with her to her house.

"Um. Do you want to come in? Sasuke will be home probably not until the evening." the Uchiha girl said as she let the Hyuga boy in. He came in, and once he did hugged her. Very tight and carried her to the couch.

"Finally I get you alone to myself." he said as he held her in his arms.

"N-Neji?"

"What is it princesses?" he asked. This made her blush intensely. Her brows furrowed and she pouted.

"D-don't go saying such embarrassing things so casually." she said. Neji smirked. He tucked away of piece of hair behind her ear. Then he kissed her.

"What embarrassing things?" he asks devilishly. He peppered kisses on her neck.

"N-Neji..." she said half pouting but half pleasure. Being around him make her stutter a lot more. She was usually cool and kept her composure but around Neji she was weak and vulnerable.