Chapter 35: Misunderstandings

Y/n woke drowsily. She stumbled over to Sasuke's room only to find a drooling Naruto. His legs were sprawled out on the bed and the blanket was on the floor. Y/n let out a little smile at the sight. She then headed over to bathroom to wash her face. Looking in the mirror she sighed and shook her head. You have to face this properly. You can't keep running away. You're not the kid you once were. You have to act mature. She thought to herself. But thinking those things just made her cry some more. I GREW UP SO DAMN FAST! WHY DO I DESERVE THIS?!? BECAUSE I'M AN F-ING UCHIHA? THAT'S BULLS-! she screamed silently in her head.

She splashed more water on her face and then wiped her face with a towel. She decided to make some onigiris. She always made onigiris when she's sad because that was Sasukes favorite food and she always made it to cheer him up. Naruto walked in as she was making them.

"Oh you're up early y/n." he said.

"No you're just up late." she replied with a chuckle.

"You don't seem as... sad as yesterday." he remarked. She handed him an onigiri.

"Well I decided to face things like an adult and use my words. Depending on their explanations will determine what I'll do. Good answer: we might stay on good terms. Bad answer: I'mma dump that dirty f-." y/n explained.

"Wow you really have it all thought out." Naruto said munching on his onigiri.

"Not really. I'm just... trying my hardest... You know. But it sucks when you try your hardest and it's not enough." she sighed.

He nodded in sympathy and agreement.

"I washed your clothes. So you go change." I said pointing to the balcony where Naruto's clothes were hanging from a cloth line.

"Thanks." he got his clothes and went back to Sasuke's room. Y/n then got changed in her own room. Once they were both ready they decided to gather up Neji and Tenten to talk to them but Neji and Tenten were already knocking on her door.

Naruto opened it to find them standing there. Y/n came over, a bit shocked, but acted strong.

"What're you guys doing here?" she asked as she gritted her teeth together with a forced smile.

"Y/n we have to explain. It's a misunderstanding!" Neji pleaded.

"Okay." she replied.

"Really? You're not gonna run away or push me away?" Neji asked a bit shocked by her response. She shook her head.

She guided them to their dining table. Y/n and Naruto sat next to each other and Neji and Temten sat next to each other across from them.

"So..." y/n said with a 'at this point idgaf face.'

"Well y/n... you see. It's not Neji's fault............. I kinda put him under a genjutsu... to forget you. So don't get mad at Neji he did those things unconsciously! I-It w-was m-me. I'm sorry." Tenten confessed.

"I give you applaud for confessing and owning up to your actions but why?" y/n responded.

"Because y/n I want to be loved also! It's not fair that whenever you're going through something EVERYONE is there for you but NO ONE sees that I'm hurting too! It's not fair!"

"Do you think life is fair?!? No one said life would be fair. Do you think I wanted my clan to be massacred? Do you think I wanted my only family to leave me?"

"SEE ITS ALL BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME EXTREME BACKSTORY TO BE RELEVANT! I HAD NO ONE!"

"TENTEN I WAS F-ING THERE FOR YOU! HINATA WAS THERE FOR YOU! LEE! EVEN NEJI! BUT YOU HAD TO THROW IT ALL AWAY INSTEAD OF TALKING IT OUT!"

"OH AND YOU SUICIDAL B- DECIDES TO JUST JUMP OFF A CLIFF WHENEVER THINGS GET A BIT ROUGH INSTEAD OF TALKING IT OUT! NO ONE WOULD LISTEN TO ME! YOU GUYS ALL LEFT ME ALONE FOR WEEKS AFTER TRAINING! NO ONE CARES!"

"SHUT THE F UP! WE WERE PLANNING YOU A SURPRISE PARTY FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY! AND DO YOU THINK I WANT TO FEEL LIKE THIS! OH AND SO WE FLEXING NOW ABOUT OUR 'TRAGIC' BACKSTORIES. OH I'M TENTEN AND MY TEAMMATES LEFT ME ALONE AFTER TRAINING. OH WELL I'M Y/N AND MY CLAN WAS MASSACRED, I HAD TO RAISE MY LITTLE COUSIN BY MYSELF AT AGE 6, I THEN DECIDED TO BECOME A KUNOICHI, MY ONLY FAMILY THEN LEFT, AND MY BOYFRIEND CHEATED ON ME TWICE!"

"Y-you guys were planning a surprise party?" Tenten aske, guilty.

"Yes you stupid b-." y/n said rolling her eyes.

Tenten broke out in tears and sat back down in her seat, burying her face in her hands.

"I'm s-sorry. I'm really r-really s-sorry. I'm so s-selfish a-and blind. I d-didn't see y-you guys there f-for m-me." she sniffled, trying to wipe the tears flooding down her cheeks.

"You are stupid and selfish and blind. But we've been together for so long I can't help but to feel terrible to be losing my best friend. Anyway... you." at the end of her sentence she pointed to Neji.

"How do you feel about Tenten? Or this whole situation in general." y/n asked.

"Y/n I don't feel anything towards Tenten. I swear. It's always been you and you know that. I think that Tenten is ridiculous. Please y/n. I know I've done you wrong before but I don't want to do it again." Neji pleaded.

A/N: so what do you guys want to do with Tenten? and will you accept Neji's plead and apology or not? idk or u could like just stay friends with Neji and have him win you over again. i rlly do wanna end up w/ Neji but comment here for any ideas you have.

Also im writing these during class so im sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. but lets go! 2 chapters in a row!