Sophia - CHAPTER 2

Sophia could barely sleep last night. Between the adrenaline for the night before and waiting for Wade to text her, she was wide awake.

She and Mackayla are getting ready to go to the library to study. They're finally in their senior year of college but that means that's their last stretch before the real world - and that scared them a lot, just like it scared every other student on campus.

"You ready?" Mackayla asks her, coming into her room with coffee in her hand. Sophia nods and they head their way to the library. As they walk there, Sophia keeps double-checking her phone.

Mackayla laughs at her. "What?" Sophia asks her, confused.

"Nothing! Nothing, it's just... It's been a long time since I've seen you this impatient to get a text." She answers. "It's nice. I thought that you'd end up married to your major before you ever married a real man."

Sophia shakes her head. "I'm just excited to get our tickets. That's all, I wasn't the one full-on flirting with the one and only Ander Dilaurentis."

"Yeah well, at least I admit that I have a major crush on him that is definitely not platonic anymore." Mackayla shot back. "I know that Ander and I have major tension. But so do you and Wade."

Sophia shakes her head even more and chuckles, pretending what Mackayla said was meant to be a joke. "Lies."

"You're one stubborn little girl." Mackayla sighs making Sophia laugh harder.

They walk into the library and sit down at their favorite table. Sophia's phone buzzes and she almost immediately picks it up, causing her to smile when she sees the message on her phone.

Unknown number: Hey! It's Wade, Sorry I didn't text you sooner. I passed out when I got to my apartment and the first thing we had practice.

Sophia: Hey! And that's okay. I've been busy too.

Wade: Aah... I see... Thinking of me, right?

Sophia: In your hockey dreams, Anderson. When are getting that coffee so you can give me the tickets? Since that's the only reason why I gave you my number, right?

Wade: Right, of course. How about tomorrow at 9:30 am? At the grindhouse that's in downtown.

Sophia: sounds like a plan! :)

Wade: Or like a date...?

Sophia: I'll see you tomorrow, Anderson.

Wade: See you tomorrow, Soph.

When Sophia finally puts her phone down, her cheeks are as bright as a tomato and her smile goes from one of her ears to the other.

She was so excited yet so nervous. What was she going to wear? Does she say hi first? Does she bring money? Well duh, she needs to get coffee after all.

"I guess he finally texted you, huh?" Mackayla smirks at her with the biggest 'I knew it' look on her face.

"Yeah, we're getting coffee tomorrow morning," Sophia tells her. "Is it weird that I'm nervous? It's just some coffee after all."

Mackayla rolls her eyes at her friend not believing how oblivious she is. "Just coffee? Soph, This man is taking you on a date. The ticket part was just an excuse to take you. He could've texted you, emailed you, or sent you the tickets, but no, he asked you out for coffee. We need to give you a glow up and get you ready before we go out with Annabel and Jackson tonight and so you're ready for tomorrow."

"We need to study." Sophia reminds her.

"Fuck that, as if we were going to last a long time in here, anyway."