Sophia - CHAPTER 65

12 years later

"Eden Daisy!" Sophia yells. "God I wish I gave you an uglier middle name."

Eden slams the bathroom door on her mother's face and in moments like this Sophia is glad Wade is retired because she definitely couldn't do this on her own.

"Leave me alone, mom!" Eden groans.

"Excuse me missy drop the attitude right now and open this door," Sophia says, and then she realizes that she sounds like her mom again. "C'mon E... At least let me see it."

"No. You'll yell at me even more or make fun of it so what's the point?"

"Uhm, I have to see you every day so I would like to know what my child looks like?" Sophia says pointing out the obvious. "I promise I won't judge."

"Okay well, fair warning, all the girls in school are doing it so. Here we go." Eden opens the door and Sophia holds in her laugh. She had given herself bangs. "See, dad would at least try to understand."

"You think I didn't do this at your age? Eden, I died my hair pink and blue and wore black eyeliner every day. Dad was playing hockey and hanging out with the boys." She tells her trying to mock Wade's accent. "Do you like them?"

"I hate them."

"Okay then I'll take you to the hairdresser and they'll fix it up, okay? Next time just ask for permission, and we will get it professionally done."

Eden smiles. "Can I dye my hair?"

"Not in a million years." Sophia answers. "Go get your stuff, we'll go fix it now."

Sophia walks downstairs and sees Wade on the computer. "What did she do this time? Fake nails? Pranked you with the fake piercing again?"

Before she can even give him an answer, Eden walks downstairs and Wade has the same reaction as Sophia. "Looks great, E." He lies.

"Did mom ever tell you you're the worst liar? No wonder I found out about Santa so soon."

"Santa is very real," Sophia tells her. "You just have no Christmas spirit."

Eden rolls her eyes and leaves to go to the car.

"Have fun," Wade says before kissing her.

"We'll try." Sophia laughs. "I love you."

"I love you!" Wade yells before Sophia closes the door behind her.

They go to fix Eden's hair and they get food before bringing it up. "We got Chinese food!" Eden yells.

"I can smell it from here!" Wade yells back until they all meet in the dining room. "Please get some plates and silverware." He tells Eden.

"Okay."

"Hey kid, I like the hair," Wade tells her noticing he didn't say anything and Eden smiles.

"Thanks."

Sophia hits his arm lightly. "Good job." She teases.

"Thanks, I like to try." He laughs back. "So are we considering this a permanent thing or a phase?"

"A phase," Sophia responds after some thinking and Eden comes back into the room.

The next morning Sophia decides to drive Eden to school since for once in a long time, she had time in the morning.

They drive there playing music and they even get breakfast outside the house which isn't something they usually do.

"Stop here," Eden says.