Sophia - CHAPTER 18

"Wanna go to the mall?" Mackayla asks Sophia. "Heard there is a huge sale going on in almost every store."

It's been a couple of hours since they didn't know what to do. They wanted to go to the pool in Wade's apartment building but it was getting too cold to get it. They tried watching a few movies but they got bored of them so they've been sitting on the couch.

"Sounds fun, but you should drive. I've been driving Wade since he's been so tired, it's annoying." Sophia says handing her the keys.

"Is this the new car keys?"

"Hell, no. Wade would kill me and then kill me again. That's his old one he's letting me use."

Mackayla makes a face and Sophia laughs. "Bummer. Okay, let's go, we have money to spend."

They get into the car and drive to the mall. "When do you think you and Ander will move into someplace bigger?" Sophia asks her out of the blue.

Mackayla shrugs. "Don't know. Why? Are you and Wade thinking about it? I heard the areas the organization offers are super nice and you get to touch up the house."

Sophia shakes her head. "No, but I mean it would be nice, though it is a house that we would both invest in so it's a big deal. The apartment just feels small at times and Ander used to live there just like I used to live at your place. We lived in an apartment because we were roommates and they did it because they were teammates. We're in relationships now and it's weird that we live like we are still roommates."

"So you don't tell him that you love him but you want to move into a whole-blown house with him?" Mackayla laughs. "I get what you mean. The apartment does feel small, especially after being at Marie and Bryce's the other day but I think we can live with it a little longer until we are sure that they are the one and all that."

Mackayla is right but Sophia did get so many ideas in her head after going to Marie's house. The idea of a big house with Wade sounded great to her. A huge kitchen, more than one bathroom, a walk-in closet, a personal pool, more places to have sex and spend time with Wade. She really used her imagination on that last part the past few nights.

But starting small wasn't too bad.

When they get there and they reach the front door they see a person selling small golden doodles and Sophia immediately got an idea.

starting small.

"How much are you selling one of the puppies for?" She asks the lady.

"They're free! Our dog had them a couple of days ago and we have no room for them... We did take them to the vet so they are all healthy and won't make any babies of their own. Do you want one?"

Sophia pauses. "Could I call my boyfriend?"

"Yeah, of course, go ahead."

Sophia takes a few steps back while Mackayla continues to play with the puppies.

"Hey, Soph," Wade says excitedly. "What's up?"

"Uhmm... On a scale of 1-10, how much do we like dogs?"

"We?" He laughs. "Uhm, 10 I guess... why?"

Sophia smiles to herself. "Well, there's this lady with a bunch of golden doodles and she's giving them out for free. She says that they all healthy and you know, taken care of."

There's a moment of silence between the two lines until Wade sighs. "Okay, yeah, let's get one."

"Seriously? You aren't messing with me right, Anderson?"