Sophia - CHAPTER 29

It was the next morning but it didn't feel like it since Sophia didn't get much sleep. She slowly gets dressed and eats breakfast knowing her flight isn't until nighttime.

She organizes her day around what's there to do in Toronto and she starts with her day.

The CN Tower... The Ontario Museum... The aquarium...

She visits things she'd never visit in Tampa but she needs to distract herself and it's barely working but she keeps going with her day.

It a few hours before her flight so she headed to the airport and did the whole checking in shenanigans. Once she was done she looked for a cafe before going in through security.

She grabs a sandwich and her coffee and she sits down at a table. When Sophia opens her phone, her fingers accidentally slip and open her photo album, revealing a picture Wade took her phone that she didn't even know about and selfies they had taken at dinner, and many more pictures from the days and weeks before.

She goes through them at least what feels like a thousand times. And tries to delete them but she can't get herself to do so.

"Hey, can I sit here?" She hears a male voice say and her head snaps up.

"Yeah, sure-" She smiles but she pauses. "You're Landon Kendall. You play for the Maple leaves."

Landon chuckles. "Dammit, I thought the hat would do it." He jokes. "But yes that's me."

He sits down and sees Sophia's red face. "Are you okay?"

Sophia nods. "Oh yeah, I'm Sophia by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Sophia... And are you sure everything is okay?"

She nods. "Just excited to see you play in Tampa." She lies. Even if that was the truth, his team sucked.

"So you're a Tampa girl, huh?"

"Born and raised."

"I'm going down there after new year's." He tells her. "Maybe you could show me around before or after I win?" He asks giving her a piece of paper to write her number on.

Sophia looks at him and then at the paper and then thinks about Wade. He was never this cocky when they met. But then again, every single hockey player has to be at least a little cocky.

She writes her number down. "Text me while you're in town."

"Sure will do." He smiles. "Listen, it was lovely meeting you, Sophia. But I'm actually picking up a friend and I don't-"

"Kendall?" Someone interrupts him from the front door of the coffee shop and Sophia recognizes that voice in seconds.

"Aye! Wade!" Landon says getting up and giving him one of those bro hugs. "How you been, man?"

"Could be better."

"Well, that's all of us," Landon says trying to comfort him. "This is Sophia, I just became friends with her." He turns so Wade can see her and his breathing almost stops. "Sophia this is Wade Anderson but you probably already know that since he plays for Tampa."

"We know-"

"It's nice to meet you, Wade, but I gotta catch my flight home. I'll see you soon, Landon Kendall?" Sophia gets up and gets her bags organized.

"As soon as I'm Tampa." He answers with a wink.

"Perfect." She fake smiles and goes to her gate and can't stop thinking of how Wade looked. His hair was brushed and he seemed to clean up nice.

Seemed like he was already moving on. How could he do this? It's no fair to Sophia. She's the one supposed to get that advantage not him.

Flight 2804 going to Tampa boarding now

Sophia snaps back from her thoughts and gets on the plane.

...no insta posts...

SHORT ASS CHAPTER but i needed a filler chapter so ya