Sophia - CHAPTER 55

a/n: I have a sad announcement... there are only 10 chapters left, counting this one. BUT THE GOOD NEWS - I get to start book 2 of this series which I'm stocked for!

-

Six months pass by and Sophia and Wade were back in Calgary just in time for Jack's prom and graduation. Sophia was helping Reegan get ready while Wade at least tried to help Jack.

"So when did Jack finally ask you out?" Sophia asks Reegan while curling her hair.

"November of last year."

"Wow so like almost eight months?"

Reegan nods. "Yeah. He's so great, Soph. I can't see myself with anyone else. Jack's always been my other half." Sophia smiles at Reegan and continues to curl her hair. "Is that how you feel about Wade?"

"Yeah, of course."

"How long did you wait until you told him you loved him?"

Sophia scrunches her nose. "A month." She admits. "Maybe it was a little too early but seemed to work out."

"I haven't told Jack yet," Reegan says silently. "Is it weird that I haven't? I feel like I should've already."

Sophia looks at Reegan. "Is Jack your first boyfriend?"

"For serious one, yes."

"Honey, you tell him whenever you feel ready and the time is right. No need for social pressure or standards."

Reegan nods. "I guess you're right."

Sophia chuckles and continues to help her get ready meanwhile on the other side of the room Jack seems to be throwing a tantrum.

"I don't know how I shrunk it! Mom's going to kill me!" He yells trying to button up his dress shirt.

"Jack, calm down. It's just a shirt. You've got like 10 more of these." Wade tries to tell him. "You can even borrow one of mine if you need to."

"No! That won't work!" He yells and at that moment one of the buttons comes off. "Fuck!"

Wade shakes his head. "Jesus man, what's up with you?"'

"I'm nervous, okay?"

"Why? You've been dating Reegan for so-"

"I want to tell her... you know..."

Wade raises his eyebrow before he realizes what Jack meant. "Oh. Dude you haven't told her yet?"

"Shut up I know Sophia said it first and in a month."

"And yet we've been dating for over a year now." Wade points out. "Just say it, man. Why did you wait?"

"Geez, I don't know. The right moment? Coming from the man in the over a year-long relationship." Jack buffs. "What if she's not ready for it? Then what?"

"Then if you really love her, that's where your patience comes in. That's one of the big principles." Wade says handing him a new dress shirt.

Jack sighs again. "I just hope nothing screws tonight up." He finishes brushing his hair out before putting the shirt on and deciding he's ready.

"How do I look?" Reegan asks Sophia while she walks out of the bathroom with her dress on.

"Aw! You look absolutely stunning, honey. I'm glad you chose the lavender dress. Do you need hairspray? More make-up setting spray?" Sophia asks. "I can just bring it to the dance if you need it."

"Yeah, I'd do that since I don't really need it right now."

"Okay. I'll bring it to the car and check if Jack is ready on my way back upstairs."