Sophia - CHAPTER 16

It was game day but Wade tried to leave as late as possible. He and Sophia spent the whole morning playing video games against the other guys but it ended up them going against each other.

"And Sophia Davis wins again!" She yells proudly and Wade puts down the controller, looking defeated. "You really such at Battlefront, Anderson."

"Yeah, yeah... It's going to be different when we play COD." He says pointing at her and she puts her hands up.

"Oh, I'm so scared." She says sarcastically.

Wade grabs her by her legs and throws her over his shoulder. "Wade! What the hell!" She complains. "Put me down."

"Nope. I deserve to get revenge."

He puts her down on his bed and he then gets really close to her face. "Uhm, hun, this isn't looking like-" Sophia starts to say but then he starts to tickle her knowing how much she hates being tickled.

"Stoop!" She laughs. "Wade!!"

He keeps tickling her until he sees that his coach is calling him. "Hello?.... No, yeah I'm on my way... Sorry... Bye."

"You have to go?" Sophia asks. "It's only 12 pm. The game doesn't start until 8 pm."

"Prep, baby. They want us there for interviews, training... All of that." He sighs while he gets his things together. "You'll be there, right? I know you have a lot of exams and assignments."

"I wouldn't miss it." He kisses her goodbye and then he's out the door.

Sophia sighs and lays back down to take a nap. But then it's her phone that rings. "Hello?"

"Soph, I'm really sick, I can't make it to the game tonight. Wish Ander good luck for me?" Mackayla says on the other end of the phone. Her throat was raspy and she wouldn't stop coughing.

"Yeah, of course. Need me to bring you anything? Food, medicine? I can call a doctor if you want." Sophia suggests.

"I have everything I need and a doctor already came. Thanks though. I love you."

"I love you too. Get lots of rest and don't do anything you don't feel like doing."

Mackayla chuckles. "I will, bye."

"Bye."

Sophia takes her nap and gets up just in time to leave for the game. She grabs Wade's minor league jersey and she goes to the arena. She finds her spot and the game starts.

She waves at both Wade and Ander, wishing them good luck, and then she notices that two guys from the other team were looking at her. And she sees how Wade notices too.

She looks at the jersey's names and they say "DeAngelo" and "Fox".

"Fuck... Not again." She mumbles.

When Wade gets on the ice and so does Fox, he doesn't seem to do anything besides pushing to get the puck. Sophia is reviled until Fox pushes way harder and says something to him that she can't figure out.

Before she knows it, gloves and helmets were off and they were fighting. She immediately gets up and goes back to the place the manager brought her to. She sees her and she gets let in immediately.

This time, instead of waiting in the locker room, they bring her out to the benches, and she fangirls for a moment because of the players in the lightning wave at her.

She taps Ander's shoulder and he turns around. "Why is he fighting again?" She asks.

"I don't know... but he didn't start it this time."