Sophia - CHAPTER 43

It was Friday. The day Sophia was going to graduate. And for the past hour, she'd been staring at herself in the mirror wondering how she got this far.

"Baby, we need to leave in twenty minutes." Wade reminds her.

"I don't wanna." She whines. "I hate growing up."

Wade laughs remembering her birthday is also in a month. "I know but think about it this way, you are getting a piece of paper that will get you in any job you want."

"I guess."

"And you'll have more time for me," Wade smirks at her, and Sophia chuckles.

"Ew, why would I want that." She jokes and Wade tickles her making her laugh hysterically. "Stop!!! You're going to make me ruin my makeup!" She laughs at the verge of crying happy tears.

"it's what you deserve for being mean to me." He tells her and continues to tickle her until she gets onto him and she's able to grab his hands. "Well, I underestimated your strength, Ms. Davis."

Sophia laughs. "I think you did Mr. Anderson. Now, let's go. Better early than late!"

They both get up from the floor and Sophia touches up her makeup once they get into the car. "Oh, I forgot to tell you," Sophia says.

"Yeah?"

"My mom is coming. She apologized."

"You forgot to tell me that big of news?" He says looking at her surprised. "How- When?"

"She saw us before dinner the other night. I was going to tell you but well we fought so I didn't want another intense conversation. After that, I just forgot."

"So she likes me now?" Wade smiles and Sophia nods. "You have no idea how happy that makes me, Soph. Seriously."

Sophia grabs his hand. "Trust me, I know."

They stop at a red light and Sophia takes the chance to give him a kiss. "Did I tell you I'm so proud of you?" He asks her.

"Hmm, not today," Sophia smirks.

"Well, I am. You're so hardworking, Sophia. You deserve this. You amaze me every day."

Sophia smiles really widely. She's never dated someone who's made her feel so valuable and she's glad that she found Wade because nothing can compare to him. "I could say the same thing about you, Anderson. Talk about being the lightning's MVP."

"Not yet." He reminds her not to jinx it.

"Well you're mine and if anyone deserves it, it's you. I see how hard you work too, how well you play, and how much you love your job. Not a lot of people have those three things."

He smiles at her and squeezes her hand. "Look at us being cheesy and shit."

Sophia laughs. "I know. Gross. Can I cut the act now?" She jokes.

Wade nods. "Yeah. It's hard to pretend to like you for a long time."

Sophia's jaw drops pretending she's hurt by what he just said. "Now that one hurt, Wade."

"Aww, Sophia, you know I'm joking." He winks at her and she continues to pretend to be hurt.

"Didn't seem like it to me."

"We'll we can take it to the back of the car if you want me to prove it to you." He challenges knowing that now that idea will be in the back of Sophia's head the rest of the day, taunting her.

Wade pulls into the parking lot and turns his attention to Sophia once he finds a spot.

He looks at her directly in the eyes and Sophia can see how bad he wants to do that and that's why he had the genius idea to make her think about it as well.