Sophia - CHAPTER 53

"Oh baby, look how cute this onesie is!" Sophia squeals. "I'll look so cute."

"We've bought 3 of those already and the baby will grow out of them quicker than we think. Maybe we should get something different?" He tells her, holding the 5 bags of baby stuff they got. "Remember we also have the stuff from last time."

"I will not be using that on baby Liam. That wasn't meant for him." Sophia shakes her head. "But I guess you're right. Toys?"

"I think we should get more stuff after our baby class," Wade says checking the time. "How does that sound?"

"That's sounds good." Sophia smiles.

Wade smiles back at her. "You're extra happy today. Why?"

"Because we've already passed that window losing a baby again and this means that it will finally happen. No what-ifs or maybes anymore." She explains while they walk to the class.

"I'm glad you're not scared anymore." He tells her.

"Yeah. Me too."

When they sit down on the floor next to the other couples they notice that the big screen is down. "I thought we were supposed to learn how to handle crying and diapers today?" Wade says worriedly.

"Not today Mr. Anderson... Today we'll learn the actual giving birth process." The teacher says turning off the lights.

"I don't think I can do that." He says feeling uncomfortable.

Sophia narrows her eyebrows. "It's just a video Wade. I'll get you ready for the real thing."

"The real thing? You want me there?" He rubs his hands on his pants nervously.

She gets even more confused. "You don't want to?"

"Well, this is awkward."

"Shut up, Melissa." Sophia rolls her eyes at her before turning back to Wade. "But seriously, you don't want to?"

"No. I don't." He answers honestly. "But I will if you do."

Sophia shrugs. "Not if it makes you uncomfortable."

"I think you two should talk about this outside." The teacher says.

"No, it's okay, I'll watch it," Wade says confidently making Sophia smile. "I need to go get over my fear anyway."

They watch the video while the teacher explains and Wade just squeezes Sophia's hand to the point where it hurts. "Wade!" She whisper-yells.

"Sorry." He says back. "It's weird."

"I know."

"You're going to have to do that."

"I know."

"And you're okay with it?"

Sophia chuckles. "Yes, Wade."

"You're brave."

"Do you two ever shut the fuck up?" Melissa huffs. "Jesus Christ."

"Someone's going on the naughty list this year." Wade teases the woman even more. She groans and both Wade and Sophia laugh. "She doesn't like us too much."

"No kidding."

They finish the class and they go back to their apartment and Sophia lies on the bed.

"Do you need anything, baby?" Wade asks.

"Hmm, well now that you asked can you get me some pizza with ranch before you go to practice?" She smiles like a little girl.

Wade laughs. "Yes. Anything to drink?"

"Uhm... Cranberry juice."

"Coming right up."

He orders her food and preps her drinks and when he walks back into the bedroom, she's already passed out.

"Ah, typical Soph. Sleep tight, beautiful." He whispers. "I'll see you tonight."

He writes her a note about the food and he heads to practice. When he gets there and changes he notices that he's early. "Great."

"Wade! You're here early. Perfect." His coach says. "I've been meaning to talk to you."

"Oh... What's up?"

"We'll first how's Sophia?"

"She's great. Pregnant but great."

"That's good! Congratulations again. If you need any gifts- Anyway I'll get to the point." Cooper sighs with a smile. "I'm offering the position to be the team Capitan."

Wade's eyes widen. "What?"

"What you heard, dude."

"I'll take it in then. 100%."

His coach smiles. "Great. I'll tell the rest of the team later, Capitan Anderson."

Wade starts dancing when his coach leaves and calls Sophia hoping she picks up.

"Hello?" She says in a deep, sleepy voice.

"Soph you're the first person I'm telling okay so don't tell anyone. Anyway, I have great news."

"Proceed." She says sounding more awake.

"You are now speaking to the lightning's team Capitan." He tells her.

"No way. Seriously? Holy shit Wade I'm so proud of you!" She congratulates him excitedly. "Honestly Wade you impress me every day and you deserve this more than anyone."

"Thank you, Soph. Wanna celebrate when I get home if you're not sleeping?"

"You bet." She smiles through the phone call. "Do you want me to do anything specific? Maybe Mackayla and Ander can come over along with the other couples."

"Mackayla and Ander are just fine." He tells her.

"I'll call her then. I love you."

"I love you."

A couple of hours later they're all in the living room with 3 pizzas. 1 whole for Sophia and two for Ander, Mackayla, and Wade to share while they drank sparkling apple cider.

"So you know you're schedule will be packed now that your Capitan right?" Ander asks Wade.

"Yeah of course I saw how hard Stamkos worked but I can handle it." He answers. "Plus the baby doesn't come until July so I'll be there."

"Why haven't you called the baby Liam yet?" Mackayla asks to notice.

"He has this thing where he believes that the gender isn't confirmed until the baby is born until it's born... Grant and Jack were supposed to be girls so he thinks that Liam can swing both ways still." Sophia explains making it sound out of this world.

"It can happen," Wade says.

"Any girl names if it is?" Mackayla continues to ask.

"Something that starts with L since we wouldn't get to use Liam," Wade tells them.

"Well either way you've got to get them into hockey," Ander says. "I will be the uncle that teaches them."

"Sorry, Ander... Jack has claimed that spot a long time ago." Sophia apologizes. "Is everyone full?" She asks cleaning her food up.

"Yeah. Thanks for the food." Mackayla smiles.

Sophia cleans up and goes to the kitchen.

"Why the fuck haven't you told her about the baby actually being a girl?!" Mackayla whispers at Wade.

...no posts...