Sophia - CHAPTER 17

It's been about 5 days since the night Wade and Sophia fought and 3 days since Wade left for hockey again. Those two first days were extremely awkward and silent. Neither of them talked about the fight.

Sophia and Mackayla decided to plan a sleepover with Jackson and Annabel since Mackayla was already feeling better and Sophia needed a distraction.

"Did you get the drinks?" Mackayla asks and Sophia nods.

"I also got snacks. Did you order dinner?"

"Yes, and I put the cool lights up." Mackayla answers.

"We make such a great team," Sophia says.

Mackayla agrees. "Better than the boys."

"Oh, 100%. How's Ander by the way? Wade hasn't said much about him." Sophia asks leaving out the part where they haven't been talking much at all.

"He's good... He wants me to meet his parents." Mackayla seems unsure about his idea.

"That's exciting. Right?"

Mackayla shrugs. "I guess so. But he comes from such a rich and posh family. You know that I'm nothing like that."

"Aw, Mack. I'm sure that no matter what they'll love you. Ander already likes you so why wouldn't they?"

Mackayla shrugs. "I guess you're right. I'll call him and tell him I'll do it."

Mackayla disappears into her room and the doorbell rings. "We are here!" Jackson yells from outside and Sophia laughs opening the door.

"I assumed since you rang the doorbell."

"Sorry we are late, Jackson wouldn't stop watching KUWTK," Annabel complains.

"I'm sorry that I at least have a passion for something." Jackson fires back.

"I only changed majors twice!" Annabel whines.

"Twice too many." Jackson laughs. "Where is Mackayla?"

"Calling Ander and telling him she's ready to meet his parents," Sophia explains.

"Speaking of parents." Annabel starts. "How did it go with Wade and your mom?"

Sophia rolls her eyes. "Where do I even start."

"That bad?" Annabel asks with a mouth full of popcorn.

She nods. "My mom attacked him the whole time out of nowhere and basically used my dad as an excuse. We left before dessert was even mentioned."

"Yikes. I'm sorry girl." Annabel rubs her arm.

"It's alright. My mom will come around."

Mackayla comes out of her room with a smile. "I'm going to his house for Christmas."

Sophia smiles at her friend feeling proud that she's taking these big steps.

"That's great!" Jackson says. "Mackayla and Ander will get on it at his parent's house."

"Hell no! Not if I want to look good in front of his parents." Mackayla says. "At least during the day."

The food Mackayla ordered finally gets there and they all take a little bit from the other plate.

"How did the game go a few nights ago? I forgot to ask. The one against the rangers?" Mackayla asks Sophia.

"Oh... Well, Wade fought again... It wasn't internally his fault. These two guys knew about what happened the night before and got on him for it." Sophia explains.