Sophia - CHAPTER 4

Sophia and Mackayla were getting ready for tonight's game after a long day of classes and studying.

Sophia decided to curl her hair and do her makeup which she just recently got into doing. She puts on light wash skinny jeans and a blue tee to go with her vans. She goes to grab her hockey jersey when Wade texts her.

Wade: don't bring your jersey because Johnson and I left our away jerseys on your seats. I can't wait to see you!!

Me: Yay!! I can't wait to see you either!! :)

Sophia smiles at the thought of wearing his actual jersey. It felt like she had a part of him already. She knocks on Mackayla's door and opens it. "Don't bring your jersey, Mack."

"Yeah, Ander just texted me. Isn't that so cute of them?" Mackayla says and Sophia agrees with her.

"Let's go! We don't wanna be late." She tells Mackayla and she drags her out the door and they basically run to the arena even though they were actually extremely early.

When they get to their seats they see the jerseys and Sophia has a post-it on hers. It's from Wade.

I assumed that you liked my cologne,

so I sprayed some of mine onto it so it

would smell nice and not sweaty.

Hope you like it -W

Sophia's cheeks turn bright red. He knew exactly what he was doing but she didn't mind at all... She also would mind if it smelt bad either though.

Mackayla gets them two beers while they wait for the game to start, Sophia puts on her jersey and texts Wade one last time until she could again.

Me: I don't know when or if you'll see this before the game starts but good luck!! I also loved the note. It was very cute, Anderson. *picture attachment*

She takes a selfie with Mackayla and sends it to him to show that they're wearing the jerseys.

Wade: Thank you, Sophia. And I'm glad you liked the note. You two look great. *picture attachment*

He responds with another selfie of him and Ander with their tongues out and a rock and roll sign with their hands. She laughs and shows Mackayla who also laughs and mentions how cute Ander looks.

Sophia chuckles. "You're so lovesick for Ander. It looks good on you."

"Oh, I know." Mackayla brags and Sophia laughs even more.

The lights in the arena finally go dark and the spotlights turn on. The team comes out and they both start cheering. Sophia looks for Ander and stops searching when she sees the number 21 on the blue jersey. She waves hoping he sees her and he does. He smiles back at her.

They spend the rest of the game sharing glances when he's sitting on the bench and when both boys are on the ice, Mackayla and Sophia scream their lungs out for all the right and wrong reasons, especially after the clock announces the game is over and they lost. Sophia felt sad.

"Ander told me to meet them in the back," Mackyla tells her. "He also told me that the people there know we are allowed to be there."

"Let's go then."

Once they get to the back and no one is there Mackayla decides to call Ander. "...Yeah we are outside and no one is here... It's pretty cold, yes... Okay, see you soon." She sighs and hangs up. "They're still in interviews and changing. They'll be out in a few minutes." Mackayla informs Sophia.

They wait for another five minutes and soon enough the door opens and the players start to come out. They say hello to Travis and Bryce but are too shy to meet the rest of the team. As soon as Ander is out, Mackayla runs up to him and hugs him, making him drop all his bags to the floor so he can pick her up and hug her.