Sophia - CHAPTER 21

It was a week before Thanksgiving break and It was Sophia's and Wade's 3 month anniversary. But, unluckily they were both super busy. Wade was out of town again and Sophia was stuck doing school work and staring at her computer screen looking at her application for the Tampa Bay Times.

It was early in the morning. Sophia decided to start early to get things done so she can talk to Wade later tonight since it's his rest day besides practice and press after press all day, there is no game. They gave each others gifts before Wade left. She got him a basket full of his favorite snacks since he doesn't cheat often on his diet and he got her a set of bracelets and necklaces.

Sophia wasn't going to let Wade being away make her sad so instead, she pushes through all her homework and even a few essays before needing a break.

Bolt even shows her that she needs a break when he runs up to her with her lash. "Wanna go on a walk eh, Bolt?"

He barks in excitement when Sophia puts the leash on him. "Let's go, buddy. Time for mommy to get her cardio in for the day anyway." She tells him as they leave the door.

They take a longer walk than usual and Bolt makes a few dog friends at the park. She lets him play in the pool they put up in the dog park while she texts Wade and reads a book.

She takes a picture of Bolt in the water and sends it to him.

me: We miss you!! Bolt is having a lot of fun though. Should've thought about this pool thing though... I guess I'm washing him when we get home.

wade: aww!! I miss you guys too. And yes, haha. It's okay since he's having fun and he's cute. Still, calling me tonight right? You've been MIA all morning.

me: yes I am. Sorry, Wade. I've been wanting to get things out of the way so I can give you all my attention tonight.

wade: it's okay, Soph. I know. And I can't wait. I love you. Happy 3 months.

me: I love you too. Happy 3 :)

Sophia puts her phone away when Bolt runs back up to her and rubs it all over her. "Oh, Bolt, you're just like Wade already huh? Guess we both need to shower now." She tells him remembering how Wade just loves to hug her when he's sweaty.

She puts the leash back on and goes back to the apartment where she washes him first and then herself. She works until almost 9 and she finally has something to eat before calling Wade.

"Heyyy, my pretty lady," He says trying to get her excited.

"Hey, Wade." She smiles, aka, mission accomplished.

"What are you eating?"

"Uhm..." She looks at her plate full of pasta. "Pasta. With a salad of course." She lies since she told Wade she wanted to start eating healthier and he promised he would help her.

"Sure sure..." he laughs. "Ander found a sandwich place down the street and went to get us one."

"Us? Who else is there?" She asks confused.

Wade flips his camera showing Bryce and Travis. Sophia's mood is killed instantly. She wanted to talk to him alone. She'd hoped he would say Ander went to get sandwiches for only the both of them.

"Hey, Sophia." Travis and Bryce say.

"Hey, guys."

Wade flips the camera back around. "You okay? You're face changed."

Sophia sighs and signs Wade to put his headphones in and he does. "I thought it would just be you and me tonight, Wade. It's our anniversary."

It's his turn to sigh and he leaves the living room they were all hanging out in. "I'm sorry, Sophia. They asked me to hang out with them and I said yes. I didn't think it would go on for this long." He whispers. He feels like a sucky boyfriend. He should've realized what he was doing.