Chapter 97

War

I am two sides of the coin of life.
One death, the other survival.
Nothing seems to break me nor kill me.
As long as I remain in a beings mind, I will grew and fester like a disease.
Kingdoms will crumble.
Lives will be lost, underneath my feet.
I will never stop, until I am finally defeated, by everlasting peace.

The  wind howled against through the trees, as Jaddreirth, his people and the human army stood still waiting for the enemy to come. The Elven army, was helping the evacuees leaving there homes safely, to lord Finnonn's realm.

One of the human soldiers looked at Jaddreirth confused and asked "why are they taking so long?" At this Jaddreirth, just smirked and said in a serious tone of voice "in war, no one knows when it will start. You can only be ready for what is to come. When they do come, remember what I taught you all, they will find the weakest of points in are defences and when they do, there will be no stopping them from ripping you to pieces. There claws are poison, I have seen it eat away at an old Elven brother in arms, so be careful. Just be grateful, that you have time to compose yourself before they do come" the human soldier, slowly nodded his head as it seeped into him, that in this war he may not survive it, but he composed himself quickly, which was good timing, because as soon as he did, the enemy came in there disfigured forms. With a loud battle cry, Jaddreirth rushed forward including the rest of the army.

—————————————————————————————————————————————
Lord Finnonn's realm

It had been two weeks since, the human evacuees left the human realm, they slowly began to settle into there new homes and just started communicating with the humans already in Lord Finnonn's realm.

Lord Finnonn was currently checking the new shipment of goods, from the nearby human realm. When the wizard came marching over to him angry, at this Lord Finnonn sighed and asked in his usual calming voice whilst handing the log to the human blacksmith next to him "what is it, old friend?" The wizard turned around, so his back was to Lord Finnonn and said whilst pointing to some glistening gunk on his back "look, those bloody human kids. Fed Helic mints, after I told them my steed cannot stomach them. I managed to get most of the stuff off me except for my back" Lord Finnonn just smiled and said "it seems to suit you, it makes your old black cloak more intriguing" the wizard turned to face lord Finnonn and said whilst rolling his eyes "you and your humans" and then marched off back to the forest, where he currently lived for the meantime.

The human dock-man said "you always surprise me with your kindness  and calmness" Lord Finnonn smiled sadly and said "yes, that maybe true. But I have also been told that it will be my doom" the human dock-man asked "by whom do you speak of?" Lord Finnonn just smiled and then left to join Jaddreirth.

—————————————————————————————————————————————
At the market
In Lord Finnonn's realm

After a long hard training morning, Lord Finnonn asked me to join him on a stroll of the market, the entrance of his house. I happily excepted his offer.

When we came to the golden gates of his, there was a little pathway up into an old ruins castle, with as many stalls as the eye could see, but what shocked me most was, human and Elven alike where not paying for there products but trading instead.

Lord Finnonn saw my gaze and said "this is are way since the beginning of are race. Treasures and jewels are precious things that we wear with pride, but having too much can tarnish a race. When the stranded humans came to us for aide, they too excepted are ways including this. It has stopped many fights becoming something more dangerous"