Alice's POV

There are many stories about life.
From peoples journey through it.
To an immortals curse, of immortality.

No life is certain, for that is why it is called life.
For one must try to live to the fullest of there's, before the end comes, no matter how scary it maybe.

For no road in life is paved with golden unbroken and untarnished steps.
For life is the two sides of the coin, some with equal measure, some not.
The two sides of this coin are called forever more: happiness and sorrow.
Like the balance of the universe, bad must exist with good.
Therefore happiness must exist with sorrow, no matter how bad we wish it didn't.

—————————————————————————————————————————————
I breath in the cool night air, as I stepped out of mine and Drogdrannith's temporary bedroom, that Lord Finnonn had gifted us whilst staying in his realm. We had lost so many people, human and mythical alike, in this war. But with the help of a new weapon, we had become victorious and....well for the time being, had won the war. The enemy would not show its face anytime soon, in either on Earth or any other realm, except for there own.

Although the enemies army had been forced to go back to there realm, there leader was still free and doing god knows what. But one thing was known, well for the moment anyway, the enemies leader had not made itself known. Because of this the humans that fled to Lord Finnonn's realm a couple of days ago, had left back to there homes on Earth yesterday, after only an hour here. It still boggled the mind why they didn't stay in Lord Finnonn's realm, where: no strife, no illness(except what they brought with them), crisp clean waters and plenty of food for everyone. But I suppose, after centuries of living that way, it is hard to see something new, somewhere you didn't have to worry anymore.

I saw Lord Finnonn come out of his bedroom and looked up at the full moon with a tired look on his face. A face that seemed to age as I looked at him, tired lines and face reflected in the light of the moon. I knew what he was hoping, he was hoping to live alongside the humans and possibly the Elven race finally find there destined one, but that was chucked away. Like a toddlers favourite toy taken from him and never to be seen again,

After awhile he must of seen me looking at him, because he turned to face me and said softly "I see, you cannot sleep either". His burn was still there, as a painful reminder of searching for the truth can sometimes be the most painfullest and fruitless of journeys. I gave him a small smile and said "I think my body is in overdrive, it doesn't believe that the war...well for the meantime...is over. My body is so alert and ready, that I hardly think I can sleep for days".
He smiled softly at me and said whilst walking towards me "it is wise to be ready for anything, but at the same time, one must rest from that. Too much alertness can make one weak and tired in the future" I said rubbing my arms against the now cool wind "I will try" then I asked him "what is in store for the Elven race now?" He breathed out a long sigh and said "we will still do what we are called to do: protect the young and nature no matter the cost. But are future with the race of man...hmm...who knows, they may pretend that they never saw us. They may still think of us, but only of a dream or nightmare to finally wake up to" he walked over to a tired worn tulip, trying to fight against the wind, Lord Finnonn picked up a nearby flowerpot, bended down, with a bit of soil he replanted the flower and walked over to me and said whilst handing it to me "like this flower, the race of man has unearthed that mythical and magical creatures that they thought where myths or legends are real. They have had too much information in such a small window, they have fought against this new enemy, an enemy that they have never seen or heard of before. Like this tulip, the wind has battled against the tulip, but it is still going strong, even though weary and tired it still try's to hold on. Only changing it's future, then maybe when it is stronger, will it survive. I do not blame them if they wish to forget we ever existed, they have lost much in this war. To us they will be forever are brothers of war, even if the day that we hope, will never come" I held the tulip pot close to my chest, with a small smile he left to go back to his chambers.