Alice's POV

My eyes slowly opened to find myself looking up at a face that looked like a humanoid snake. From hands to face was that of a snakes skin, but human eyes, mouth, nose, ears and long red hair. I didn't know if it was a male or female, until a gentle woman's voice came from it "hello there. My name is Selena from the Aton Sea and I will be your honoured healer until you are well enough to leave" I swallowed hard as I looked upon her pale blue tunic and asked nervously "do you know who I am?" At this her human brown eyes widened in alarm, but quickly vanished and said "I was told that you and your friends may lose some of your memories, because alcohol and dimension jumping don't mix that well. But since your friends are okay I thought you would be okay too" she cleared her throat and then said whilst looking down at a glowing piece of paper in her right hand "well what I have been given about your background is that your name is
Alice Huntington and you have just celebrated your late 21st birthday. You share a flat with your three friend's called Heather, Olive and Susan. You are currently working at 'Young's, interior design', where a Mr Night is temporarily taking care of the business until the only son of the Young family comes back. W........." she was interrupted when I heard a loud crash as something like a door hit the ground with a loud groan from a couple of feet from the end of my brown hospital like bed.

I slowly began to sit up, with the help of Selena because my body was too exhausted to do it myself. Once I was sitting up right, before I could look around my surroundings or even look at the intruder two very strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me against a bare muscular chest with the owner saying huskily "Alice, thank the universe you are okay. When myself and 'he' knew you were taken I thought I would have to live my immortal life trying to....." scared but intrigued I pushed him away a bit and up at the owner and asked "how do you know who I am and who is 'he' that you are talking about?" He looked at Selena and then back at me with uncertainty written in his eyes asked "so you don't know my name Alice or 'him'. I'm Liorn, your Liorn" he then turned an accusing eye onto Selena and asked in threatening tone "what in the universe did you people do to my mate?!!" Looking at the man called Liorn with petrified eyes she was about to reply when an elderly wizardry looking man in a white tunic walked into the room and motioned for Selena to leave with a wave of his right hand, which she did with gratitude in her eyes. Once she had left, the elderly man walked over to me with a clipboard now in his right hand, once he got to the end of my bed he said in cheerful tone that would make even a sane person want to kill him with there bare hands "well considering you should of died on entry with the drug that was poured into your wine and the nervous state you are in. Although I'm disappointed......" Liorn gave a threatening growl, his fingers digging into the bed post as if torn between killing him and protecting me. The elderly man just raised his right eyebrow and said whilst tutting "don't worry, a 'thing' such as yourself does not need to worry about it. I'm just impressed, that she has survived my expectations for a human" I so wanted to stand up for Liorn, but I was too exhausted and it was taking all my effort to have my eyes open let alone speaking. The man turned back to face me and said in a serious type tone "now Alice, you are exhausted because the have lost quite a lot of your human energy in coming here. I have been asked by the High Lord to take you to his office where...Drog...huh...crea...gulp...... 'he' is waiting for you patiently. This 'thing', will take you there, because not all of your human energy has come back and we don't want anyone being killed because of your clumsiness" Liorn watched as the man left with the clipboard, once he had left Liorn picked me up in his arms, I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled against him happily. I don't know why I was enjoying his company or even why I wasn't fighting against him, but something told me I was safe in his arms.

It felt like a very quick walk to the High Lord's office, but when we got to the office, the door wide open Liorn said softly "my love, you can't go back to sleep. I'm going to set you down" my eyes bugged wide in fear as I looked up at him and then down at the floor, my legs already felt like jelly and I was worried that if I set even one foot down I would topple over like a very unstable domino. He kissed my forehead lovingly and said gently "Alice, don't worry. I won't let you fall, I will never let you fall" I swallowed hard and gave him a small nod, he began to slowly unfold his arms from around me and let me brush against his bare chest and his black trousers whilst gritting his teeth as if in agony. I was about to ask if he was okay, when I heard a loud raw and crash behind the left side of the door. Liorn sighed loudly and said whilst wrapping his right arm around my waist "I didn't want you to see him in this state, after losing your memories. But please Alice I beg you, have a open mind" with that we entered the now cluttered and broken room with the bookcases looking like someone had torn them apart by hand with splinters and dust everywhere lying on the floor was a man...well I thought it was a man, the being had all compartments for a man but his face and arms where a completely different story, for one his skin that was showing, that wasn't covered by his purple tunic or his black cloak that now had rips in, was quickly turning grey. His face had very large white gills all over his face, but he couldn't be that of a normal fish, because he would suffocated by now because of being out of the water.

The man in grey breathed in and then said looking up at the towering man with very sharp red spiked claws flexing "please, Dro...Drogd....my lord. No one knew that Jaddreirth brought Alice and her friends here until the last minute. But in all honesty...please don't kill me when I say this..but...huh...it was the right thing to do at the time, the 'Followers of Doomsday's' new puppet was at the same club as Alice and her friends. You as well as I do what there end goal is" the man in front of me barked a laugh and then said whilst bending down to the man on the floor "'The Followers of Doomsday' are but little insects in the way of my feet, no matter what they do or what they plan in there little brains they will always have the same result....Death itself waiting for them" he raised his right hand his red spiked claws glittering in the dim light and was about to strike the injured man on the ground when all of a sudden he stopped dead and began to sniff the air like a dog. When he turned to face me, a large wave of exhaustion hit me hard that I couldn't keep my eyes open and no time at all I passed out.