Chapter 29: Back to Square One

This is a pretty long chapter, how i don't overload ya'all with information! Hope you like it and please do leave me comments telling me what i should change, whether you like it or hate it. Thank you all for the support once again! XOXO- Aric

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

“You sure about this?” President Zachary’s doubtful voice chimed through the speaker of the Tricom, loud enough to annoy the hell out of me, what with my sensitive hearing. Are humans that deaf?

“Completely sure.” I answered back, voice as hard as steel. “Liyana and I have gone over, everything. It’s the perfect spot, right above the main servo which sends natural gas to all the stations around D.C. Blow that, the whole city will burn down to ashes.”

There was a slight pause on the other end and a long sigh. “Where are you now?” he grunted.

“Preparing to go. Its not like you can send troops of armed SWAT teams into the place, now can you?”

“Not really. Fine then, i am transfering the mission over to you” he came back to me absent-mindedly. “I’ll issue you a written permission to access any premise for backup.”

A president issued warrant, he’s really getting his priority straight. “Appreciated.” I said simply.

Another pause and this one was longer. When he spoke his voice was quiet and reluctant. “I heard…about the demon situation. Are they a threat?” he asked.

This time I was the one caught being silent, my brain unable to think of a suitable answer for now. “I am handling it.” the words slipped out of my mouth, which sounded lame even to myself. As far as I am concerned, they’ve been silent; too long in fact that it’s really unnerving me. Not much of a threat, in fact, small enough to be held off for a while. Apparently, a few humans with vampire blood in them, bombing place up is ten times the threat. Well, they are now, considering they are attempting to collapse a whole country.

“That sounds encouraging,” he grumbled in an undertone.

“If that is all, Mr. President.” I asked impatiently, comfortable with getting the call over with. I could hear Liyana getting out of the bathroom as a soft click, vibrated through space.

Somehow, my words made him chuckle, and its not the amused type. “So, we are caling each other by title now. Meaning i should be addressing you as Your Royal Highness, Prince Dustin, am I right?” he meant that as a modest ludacris joke but I didn’t find it funny at all. Our kingdom was once a strong force, if it wasn’t for the German clan, we could still be, oblivious to humans. Can’t change history now can i.

I slashed back with a low growl. “I am no royalty, considering how you destroyed our kingdom.”

When he spoke, he was defensive “Hey, you listen here Dustin, your parents knew what they were up to when they signed that contract They wanted to end the war and in order to stop it, one side needed to win, and your parents chose us. Heck, they did it for your own good. Have you ever wondered why the German clan ever planned something so stupid by waging war?”

My reluctance to talk proved my ignorance. Damn it.

“Do you think it’s as simple as to just dethrone our top of the food chain status? They wanted power, TOTAL power. They wanted to rule the world or some scik joke like that, and by doing so, they even plan to get rid of the other vampires in power. That means a Hitler style invasion that will ruin both the human and vampire species. There’s a reason why you’re alive today Dustin and your parents…” he paused. “Quite unfortunate, but, not our doing. So, could you just suck it up already?”