Chapter 8

(Sorry its short, exam coming up but ENJOY! This is my 5th attempt at uploading it, Windows really making me tear my hair out!)

Chapter 8

They say when someone dies, he'll stay dead and the chances or revival is zero to none. That was how it is suppose to be, how it should be .But 12 years ago, every human on earth was struck, questioning our own faith, our belief. Questioning the existence of other beings living amongst us, the creatures of the night.

I don't have a solid belief in religion but even I was forced to change my mindset, 10 years ago when the war waged, the pale faces attacked, attempting to extinguish us as a species.

Our ancestors have left us clues, hints, which we disregard as myths. Vampires simply couldn't exist, they just couldn't...they were soulless creatures, faking their human appearances. Even then, I struggled to put it into my mindset that I may accept them, into my train of knowledge without diminishing my faith in God...

But now... sitting here, weak, confused, in a sea of shattered glass and ripped metal bits, spewed on the marble floor. I was questioning myself, whether I was loosing it...whether my sanity is still intact. The walls I built, the thick barrier I paved over the years, to keep myself from drowning in my own tears..slowly...cracking, destroyed in seconds by the person standing in front of me.

Rogue tears, flowed down my cheeks, precious tears one won't shed for others. My insides were caving in, bile rose to my mouth. I feel sick, I couldn't breathe, and I was inevitably paralyzed. My mind wasn't working, my sense of thought completely and utterly gone.

As my eyes inched it's way up the, way-to-familiar torso to the face I yearned to see once more..but not in this way. I met with the same brown eyes, that reflected mine. I remembered them clearly in my memories. They were warm, loving, burning with determination and will.

These....were cold, lifeless, and pitiless. The eyes of a stranger.

Our eyes remained on each other as he slowly walked towards me, his grin still remained. Soon, he was inches from me, lowering his body just level with me. I didn't move, I didn't shy away, I didn't react.

I didn't care.

He lifted his arm towards my face, caressing my chin, tracing my cheek bone leading down to my neck and that instinctively caught my breath. More tears escaped, this time, for real. I was crying, heart aching and stomach churning as his warm touch sent heat waves coursing through my veins.  

I wasn't shedding tears because of his touch, I was shedding tears for I know, this touch wasn't his. This is an impostor, this is not my brother...he's gone...soul amongst the angels in heaven. Who stood before me is just his body, an empty soulless body.

"How...." I barely, whispered. The single word escaped my mouth without processing and I just left my jaws loose. Every single muscle in my body not responding the way I wanted it to. My brain was on the verge of cracking, I couldn't take this pressure. Now, I yearn nothing more than to wake up, and pretend that this is all a dream. But reality won't let me.

He cocked his head, now, combing his fingers into my hair. "You just asks the wrong questions, Emma." He whispered back into my ear, sending electric waves up and down my spine, making my neck hair stand up. My heart sped up and my breathing just got a whole lot more challenging.

"I missed you." He breathed as he lifted my chin. He had a cold smile plastered onto his face. Why? Why does this stranger look like him, I am asking you now Great one above, why are you making go through all this.

I didn't answer nor did I react which made him sigh in frustration. I knew this is too much. His voice, his looks, his touch...its Brandon but at the same time, I knew this is not the Brandon I knew, I brother is gone.