Chapter 2

(Please, please please just comment... and for Dustin, i imagine him as Lucas Till and Emma as Nina Dobrev._) Love you all! 

and who comment first i'll have a shout out just for fun in the next chapter!

Chapter 2

"Good morning Miss Connor, we have been expecting you." A voice ringed throughout the white corridor, that made me jump a foot into the air.

The moment i recovered, the voice chimed once more, "If you would proceed down this hall towards the front desk, Miss Connor." I shrugged and slowly move my way forward along the corridor which seem to stretch forever. The eerie silence and the cold temperature got me clutching to my leather jacket.

A few minutes later, a sign emerged out of no where telling me to turn left. There's just got to be endless corridors. This is just like my dream all over again. I muttered a curse under my breath and followed suit.

My face twisted into a frown as I felt the corridor descending lower and lower to what I presume to be underground as the temperature was dropping immensely, and soon, I was shivering, my thin white v neck and leather jacket not providing the warmth I needed. Electric like waves ran up and down my spine making my neck hair stand up which didn't help at all and all I can hear is the constant tapping of my boots as I walk.

There was something about this place. The white floor, ceiling and walls. Creepy vibe.

I got my communicator out and luck would have it, no signal bars. I grunted and looked up from the screen, and stopped abruptly, my eyes meeting with a young looking lady, maybe 23, with perfectly pale skin, beach blonde hair and a vibrant smile. It almost made me feel warm.

She was wearing a turtle neck with a jacket on. Now, I understand what my dad meant by 'dress appropriately'.

"Nice to finally meet you Miss Connor," the lady behind the desk said standing up and putting out a hand, smiling brightly. I shook it and returned the smile. "Sorry it took you a long way, but hidden sensors and security scanners are tracking you as you move. A much needed protocol I am afraid." She explained, flashing me an apologetic smile.

"oh...Don't worry, I find it impressive really." I answered, not bothering with sincerity.

 "Pardon my manners, Miss Connor, my name is Victoria, I am suppose to help you with the procedure. Well, if you could just follow me." She said, stepping out of her quarters, gesturing me to follow.

I simply nodded and off we went, towards a chrome vault-like door.

"Hey, Victoria, why is it so cold in here? Even being underground, it won't be that cold, will it?." I asked under one breath.

She turned around, a wary smile on her face. "Well...vampires are supernatural beings, Miss Connor, and they do make the environment's temperature drop wherever they are. What we thought to be myths, came out true. Plus, it's more energy efficient, don't you think?" she said the last part, chuckling.  

I was just about to raise another question when we finally reached the great double chrome doors. There on the side was a keypad in which Victoria, entered a password.

The doors effortlessly, slide open and inside there was just a large glass see through touch screen monitor in the center.

"I will leave you be, and press the red button by the side if you have any trouble and the cordless phone there is linked directly to my desk if you have any questions, okay?"

"I think so..." I answered, and with an approving nod, Victoria stepped out of the room and the door close once more behind me leaving me alone. The air in here was rather dry like on an aero-shuttle, and the single light source, making the room look rather dramatic. Well, better this over with.