Chapter 9

(I apologize for the slow upload and short chapter. With the SUPER IMPORTANT PUBLIC TEST coming, I need to type this on my blackberry. But thanks with everyone that commented and voted (seriously votes aren't as important as Comments because i NEED feedback from you guys! Thank you! xoxo. Enjoy!)

Chapter 9

I grunted in frustration and threw my phone onto the floor. I dug my fingers into my hair and sat down on the couch beside Dustin. I curled myself into a ball and huffed. I've been calling both my parents for 15 minutes straight and each one of their phones going directly to voice mail.

My head is still pounding from the information Dustin just told me. When I said things are just shoving themselves in my face, yeah, that was an understatement.

My long dead brother, came back to life in a form of a demon. What's next? My Mom and Dad are actually aliens?

Long story short. They're like vampires but without a soul, a heart and definitely no mercy. That's exactly what I saw in Brandon's eyes. The coldness, the sinister look on his face still sent shivers up and down my spine. They were killing machines. The main reason why the war between us started. Vampires got tricked by Demons.

With all my tears cried out, I sighed and look up at the LED wall clock. I couldn't believe I've passed out for a whole day. Jimmy is still unconscious but Dustin reassured me that he's just in a state of hibernation, for he used too much of his powers.

Now, me and him just sat in silence, the living room illuminated by natural light filtering through the glass walls. It made me feel safe, with the sun shining, another reason being that Demons can't walk in the sun. Isn't that suppose to be a vampire thing. I think my adolescence human brain can't take much more of this.

Dustin is still sipping on his cup of blood, his intentional slurping the only sound breaking the silence. "

Can you stop that." I groaned, clearly annoyed and picked up my phone, scrolling through the unread messages and calender reminders. School is 3 weeks. Great.

Then, something popped into my mind, I cursed myself for not thinking of it earlier. Tempted, I quickly turn my head towards Dustin. He raised an eyebrow questioning my sudden mood change.

"The central computer room." I mumbled.

"What?"

"The central computer room, it's a room in the basement housing the central processing unit. It controls all the electrical things in this house. Maybe, from there we can recover the power and leave this mansion to fend for itself when ....we leave."

After I cried myself out hours ago, Dustin convinced me that we need to leave the house, that it wasn't safe anymore and if the Demon thing is real, humanity and the vampiric kingdom may as well be dead.

They, the demons possess both sage elemental powers and the inhumane properties of vampires, time 10. We as a species is still here because they're so rare. Their kind on the verge of extinction when vampires got rid of them centuries ago.

"Well, C'mon. I will carry Jimmy. Leaving him here alone, is not safe anymore...nothing is." He grew quiet and with nods of agreement, I stood up and in a second, Dustin already have Jimmy slung over his shoulder.

"Let's make this faster, shall we." Dustin said and without arguing, I felt strong hands around my waist and we were zooming at hyper speed throughout the house. My stomach flipped as I felt us descending fast into the basement once more.

Soon, Dustin slowed into a jog and he settled me down on my own feet, letting me travel the rest of the distance myself. In the darkness, I can see a room looming ahead and immediately I sensed that something was wrong...the chrome vault door is missing.