Chapter 13

(Sorry to all my readers for the slow upload. Only 2 more days left of my big exam so i thought i would write another chapter for ya'all! Once again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for all the love and comments! Love you all so much! Oh, enjoy the story!!!)

Chapter 13

“But that’s highly improbable Emma. I’ve been to several war torn countries, strike a few Nazis myself and lead a troop of men against bloodsuckers that should’ve stayed in the books. There’s no way life can be revived unless you’re talking about leeches then I highly doubt it.” Commander Ashford’s naturally hoarse voice boomed through the miniscule speaker of my laptop.

There standing in front of me, as a projected hologram is a man with slick brown hair, height as tall as my father, extremely masculine from all the military work, squared chinned, with a slightly crooked nose from the injuries back from the days of the war in Iraq. He is my dad’s operation assistant and his childhood companion. They’ve been friends for a pretty long time.

He’s also my godfather and in the midst of all this I just caved in and attempted to communicate with him through holo-chat. This man has seen me grow up and helped us through a lot and I figured it is right that I let him in on what happened.

What went from a casual chat, turned into a heated conversation. He even suggested that I was crazy and that it was all a hallucination but after a lot of convincing he seemed to be letting what I told him sink in. The things about Brandon.

“I know. But hey, vampires exists why not demons...I seriously, don’t know what to believe anymore general.” I said, plopping myself onto the suite’s bed, closing my eyes. Instantly, flashbacks of that awkward moment in the car with Dustin came back to me. It hit me hard and a wave of confusing emotions hit me like a relentless tide. I never come to think he’ll have feelings for me after just a few days of knowing me. Although I still stand my ground, I couldn’t help but replay. His lips, on mine, unusually warm for a vampire, burst of affection tingling my every nerve, cold sensations running up and down my spine. I don’t know what to make of it but I settle on putting it aside. There’s much more important things we need to do.

This is definitely not the best time to say that you have feelings for someone and make out afterwards.

So, after Jaden, woke up, we kept our silence until we reach the Vermont Hotel in Washington Central. I’ve booked a suite earlier and as expected, our entourage greeted us and escort us to my suite. And, as servicemen to the country, all information of our bookings, check-in time and check out are all kept secret and not entered into computer databases. That way no one, not even a demon can ever know of our presence.

The suite is a 3 room, closely guarded, sound proof apartment space, equipped with a kitchen, living room and secure wireless phone lines. When we got in, Jaden’s peppy mood is just contrasting Dustin’s and my still-overly-awkward ones so we just silently trudge into the first bedrooms we see.

I’ve been lying there on the bed for the past hour, staring up at the ceiling. That’s when I got the idea to call Ashford. I didn’t know why but it just occurred to me.

He sighed and that sort of snapped me out of my own thoughts. I lifted myself to look at his hologram. His face was of sympathy and shock. He was a master at faking a facade and for him to show his emotions on his face, is telling something.

Just then, the door burst open and both of our heads snapped towards the doorway. My muscles tensed but loosened up when I saw it was only Jaden, sauntering his way in to the room and casually making himself comfortable on my bed.

“Hey sergeant, what brings your hologram here?” he asked, smiling like an idiot.

“Technology, my dear Jaden.” He answered, rolling his eyes.