...Two Steps Back

... I couldn't have both, per Seth's orders, so I couldn't bring myself to make a decision. So, I figured if I lied about not knowing of what the contract had said, the longer I could get Seth more attached to me. Then, I could sign and have both his heart and my own business!

(Saraya P.O.V)

Seth and I hadn't spoken a single word to each other on the ride back to my home. We were on such a high yesterday and earlier today as well, but now it seemed as if we were at our lowest point. Maybe it was because I brought up those stupid contracts to him. If I hadn't, maybe he would've forgotten all about it and let our love blossom without me having to sign the pleasurable one. That way, he would love me anyway when I would then choose to sign away with the Business contract, which he thought I knew nothing about yet. I knew all about what that contract said and wanted it so very badly... but I wanted Seth more than anything. Ugh! This decision is going to be much harder than I had thought it would be.

I walked inside of me and Renee's apartment, soon before I could even look up, Ren squealed in excitement. That same squeal she had done earlier on the phone today was still present, but it suddenly went away when she saw the look on my face. "Ew. Why that face? What's wrong? Did something happen?! Come on, Raya! I need answers!" Renee yelled at me as I held up a file in my hand. She raised and eyebrow and gave me a look of confusion. "What's that?" Renee questioned. "A contract. Another freakin' contract!" I said in disappointment. "Huh? Why do you have another contract? We still have the Business contract, which you still need to sign by the way." "I can't sign it, Ren." I admitted. "What do you mean you can't sign it, Raya? Your dream lies inside of that contract. What's stopping you?" She asked.

"Love." I answered. "Meaning, I have other dreams now... and that dream is Seth." "Mr. Rollins?" "Yeah. He gave me this other contract to go over. It's a pleasure contract. Romance. We both know that he will NOT mix business with pleasure in any way, for anybody. So, it's one or the other. As much as I want to be this great success, I want Seth so much more." I admitted. "I want him so much that I lied to him. Just to try to get him to fall in love with me." "What?! Raya, you did not!" Renee said and I gave her a guilty look. "OH MY GOD! You did lie! How?! About what?!" "It was a small lie, Ren! I told him that I hadn't yet read over the first contract." "Why in the world would you do that?" "I had a plan to make him fall for me. That way, he would love me regardless of signing the contract, AND I would have a business as well."

"Raya... that's so stupid!" Renee laughed. "What did you think would happen? Like he'd forget the contracts existed?" "He kinda did last night. He took me on a date in a helicopter, which he flew by himself. Took me all over the entire city, literally. It was amazing. But once we got back to his place, we had drinks then... we made love. Twice. Then we did it once again this morning, in the shower." I smirked as Renee looked at me with widened eyes. "REALLY?!" "Sure did. My God, it was so hot! Then, we were getting sorta kinky in bed. Like, he tied my wrists together and well, you know..." I gave her a wink as she squealed out again. "GIVE ME THE DETAILS!" "The only details you'll get out of that is that his mum walked in." "No way! My gosh, how embarrassing!" "No, no! She didn't walk into the room on us." I laughed. "She walked inside the house and called out to him. He went out first then I got dressed and went out after him. So, I met his mum too. All without having to sign the contract."

"Damn, I guess your plan wasn't so stupid after all." Renee admitted. "His mum even invited me to a dinner she's hosting at her house soon. She wants me to come along with Seth. Dean was invited too, so maybe we'll be there together. Also the third one, Roman." "Roman Reigns? Oh my gosh, I think I'm gonna have a freakin' heart attack." "First Seth, now Dean, and then Roman. Geez, Ren! Do you fantasize about all three of them?" I chuckled. "YES! What girl in their right mind wouldn't?!" She laughed and I shook my head at her. "But Dean is the one for me. And maybe, Seth is the one for you." "I hope so. I just wish that he wasn't so complicated."

"Do you think that maybe your plan worked out for you after all?" "Absolutely not. After making love, meeting his mum, and all that, things sort of took a wrong turn." "What do you mean?" "Well, I brought up the contracts again, to test if he had fallen for me yet, but his orders still remained. It's either one or the other. I couldn't change his mind." I looked down at the second contract in my hands. "I think that somehow, you did change his mind. I mean, think about it. He took you out on a not so ordinary date. He made love to you, without being in a committed relationship with you. And you met his freakin' mom... unintentionally! But, maybe that was a sign. Somewhere, the stars were aligned and those contracts were forgotten about... but now that they were brought back to his attention, it's up to you to make the right choice." Renee said, having a clear point.

"You're right, Ren." "Aren't I always?" "No." I laughed as she shook her head. "Also, think about this... Seth admitted to you that he was indeed very interested in you romantically. Both his words and his actions proved that to you. So, maybe he was hinting that he wants you to sign the second contract, so his love for you could blossom even more." Renee explained. "As for the first contract, this one is risky. If you choose to sign the first one, you'll have your own business, which is something you've always wanted. But you want Seth as well. We both know that feelings just don't go away. So maybe, just maybe, Seth could sacrifice mixing business and pleasure one time, just to be with you. If he does that, then your plan has indeed worked." She said and I gave it some thought.

One route was easy, the other was very risky. I could take one step forward, or risk taking two steps back. This decision could make me, the other could possibly break me. It was indeed, one contract or the other one and I had to make a choice now.

My decision has been made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...