Surprise, Surprise!

(Saraya P.O.V)

It was mandatory to sit through the entire ceremony. So, after having my moment to walk across the stage, I now had to sit through the rest of the ceremony and watch as the other graduates do the same. I waited impatiently, to say the least. All I wanted to do right now is hug my mum and tell her how much I love her. I just couldn't believe that she's actually here! In the flesh, all the way from our home of Norwich, England. Finally, she got to see all of the hard work and sacrifices she made for me get paid off when I walked across that stage. My heart was so full and I knew the moment that I would get to have her in my arms, my heart would burst!

As soon as the ceremony was over, I hurried out of the stage area and ran into the main hall. So many other graduates and proud family members of theirs were packed in the big hall as well. I knew my mum was somewhere in here, waiting to give me the biggest hug ever. As I said before, I could spot my mum out in any crowded room. No matter how packed it was in here! As soon as I turned to take a look around, I spotted out the brightest shade of candy red hair. Tears welled up in my eyes as I made my way through the sea of people, knowing the woman all the way on the other side was the one who gave me life. Though I couldn't see her face, I knew the same tears were forming in her eyes as she looked around at the crowd for someone with signature pale skin and raven hair. That someone being the one whom she gave life to; me. As I got closer, I could finally see her face. She turned her head, our eyes finally locking together as tears finally ran down our faces.

"Mum?! MUM!" I screamed as I ran over to her as she came charging towards me as well. "RAYA!" She screamed as we both ran through others just to finally get into each other's warm embrace. I sobbed as I finally got into my mum's arms and gave her the tightest hug ever. I didn't care that she was practically squeezing the life she gave me, out of me right now! This was all I wanted more than anything else in the world. "I did it, mum. I did it for you." I spoke softly in between my sobs. I never wanted my mum to let me go. "I know, princess. Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. You did it! You did it for the family." My mum whispered to me as I held onto her even tighter. "I love you so much, Saraya. I can't put into words of how proud I am of you." "Thank you, mum. I love you too." I smiled as we finally pulled away from what seemed like the longest hug ever. "This is only the beginning, love. You've gone far, but you're only gonna go further from here. Reach for every star until you become one."

My mum is my entire world. Without her, I wouldn't even be here today. Physically, of course, but also mentally. She always knew what to say whenever I've had a rough day or week. She always picks me up whenever I'm down. Since she's been back home in England and I've been all the way over here, it's been pretty hard to see her. Also the rest of my family as well, but mum is my rock. To have her here to witness this incredible moment was such a blessing for me, but one question remained unanswered still... how in the world did she get here? "So, I'm guessing everything back at home has worked out?" I asked mum and she gave me a confused look. "What do you mean, love?" "Well, you told me things back at home, as far as financially, aren't going so smoothly. I figured you guys have found a way to fix that because you're here." I explained.

Mum was about to speak but I smirked a bit as I already knew what she was about to say, so I cut her off before she even got a chance to say anything. "Ohh, I know why you said that. You all were trying to surprise me, weren't you?" I asked with a chuckle. "I don't know why I fell for that. Financial problems? Pfft! Yeah, right. It was a rib to get me to think that you weren't coming at all, wasn't it? Good one, mum. Who came up with that idea? Dad?" I laughed as I remembered how Dad always liked to joke, but the look on my mum's face made me realize that I may have been completely wrong with my assumption of them planning to surprise me. "Actually no, Raya. Quite honestly, I actually had no idea that I would be standing here to witness this huge milestone of yours today. If anyone's surprised, it's me." Mum confessed, which made everything I just assumed make absolutely no sense. "How did you get here then?"