Shut Out The World

I wasn't waiting up all day for anybody anymore. I didn't even want to see my phone again. With that, I finally went to my room, slamming the door behind myself in the process. I flopped face first onto my bed and just like that, the tears started back up again. I just wanted this week to be over with already.

3 Days Later

(Saraya P.O.V)

I had been in my room for about three whole days now. Only coming out to use the bathroom and shower. I'd try to eat a little bit of something every now and then, but I didn't have an appetite for anything. I had just completely shut out everything and everyone in my life. Including Renee, and she was in the same apartment as me. This whole week has put me into somewhat of a deep depression. The man I was in love with wants nothing to do with me anymore. My mum couldn't make it to see me walk across that stage. A huge milestone in my life, I should add. What's next? I didn't even want to think about what could happen to me next. So, to avoid anything negative that comes my way, I just hid away from the world. No people, no communication, no phone, no anything. But unfortunately for myself, that would all have to end soon. Especially when I have a best friend like Renee...

"Alright, Raya. I'm coming in!" Renee barged into my room. "You can't just barge into my room unannounced like that, Ren!" I shouted while hiding underneath my blankets. "Technically, it wasn't unannounced. I said I was coming in before I rudely barged in." Renee corrected me. "Whatever. What do you want?" "You can't hide away in your bedroom forever, Raya." "Why not? It seems to be working out for me pretty well, don't you think?" I asked. "No, I don't think so. Can you come out from under there, please?" "I don't wanna." "Not even for your favorite food?" She asked and I raised an eyebrow in curiousity. She had to be joking. "For the last time, Renee, pancakes are YOUR favorite food. Not mine." "If you come out of there, you would see that I'm not talking about pancakes." With that, I pulled the blankets off from over my head and sat up to see Renee holding a plate with a grilled cheese on it." "Grilled cheese?!" "The cheesiest!" She smiled as she handed over the plate to me. For the first time, in what feels like forever, I smiled and actually ate something! Good thing I got my appetite back.

"You know, you've missed two rehearsals for the commencement ceremony on Monday." Renee said as she sat down on my bed next to me. "Yeah, I figured that. Honestly, I think I'm not going anymore." "What do you mean you're not going? You were so stoked about it once before. You said it was a huge milestone in your life, Raya." "Yeah, that was before my life got crushed by reality. I don't even care about commencements anymore." I said before taking a bite out of my grilled cheese. "I just want to graduate and move on with my life. I'll go pick up my things afterwards." "Mr. Rollins will be there though. Remember, he said himself and his brothers were giving speeches." "Do you really think I want to see him anytime soon?" I asked her. "Well, of course. I know you're still upset about your mom not being able to come but I figured you'd still want to talk with him and maybe resolve the problem." "It can't be resolved, Ren. I made my decision and so did he. Let's just leave it at that." "But..." Renee was cut off by the sudden sound of ringing.

"What's that? Your phone?" "My phone's right here." Renee patted her pocket where her phone was indeed. "It has to be yours. Where is it?" "Out there on the counter where I left it three days ago." I said with a shrug as I ate some more of the grilled cheese. "Well, aren't you gonna get up and answer it?" "Nope. I actually thought it would be dead by now." "Ugh, Raya! It could be important.." With that, Renee got up and ran out of my room and over towards the counter to grab my cell phone. Unfortunately, by the time she was going to answer the call, it had hung up already. "Well, who was it?" I asked chewing the last of my sandwich. I left my bedroom to go and take the plate into the kitchen when Renee said, "It was Mr. Rollins." I paused, feeling unsure of how I should feel right now. Angry, because it took him this long to call me back? Or happy, because he actually called me back. I didn't know how to feel.

"He actually called you 7 times to be exact." Renee added. "Also, a missed call from your mom, Naomi, etc. But should I call him back?" "I don't want to talk to him." "Come on, Raya. He may want to talk to you about something important." "I wanted to talk to him about something important almost a week ago. He made me wait, so now he can wait." I said angrily as I turned to go back in my room, just as the phone chimed in Renee's hand. "Oh great, what's that now?" "You've got a text message from Mr. Rollins." "What's it say?" I asked as her as she tapped on the message to read it out loud.

"Ms. Bevis, I'm just calling to let you and Ms. Young know that I have free time to spare at Rollins Enterprises today. If you two can be here within the hour for your first meeting to discuss your upcoming business, that would be great."

"See, I told you that it could be about something important. Now come on, get dressed for the meeting. We can make it there within the hour." Renee said as she set my phone down and I shook my head. "No. I'm not going." "What do you mean you're not going? It's the first meeting to discuss the business. The sooner we get started on this, the better!" "I said I'm not going, Renee. Don't you see? He didn't even acknowledge the missed calls, texts messages, and voicemails I left him. I'm trying to talk about us, not my future. Not my career. He seriously wants nothing to do with me. He doesn't even call me by my first name anymore and he's the one who made me fall in love with it... and him. He doesn't love me at all anymore and... it's all my fucking fault." I fought back tears as I could barely get the last part out. "Fuck a business. Fuck everything that has to do with Mr. Rollins."

"Look Raya, I know you're hurt. I'm sorry Mr. Rollins hasn't acknowledged the fact that you two were romantically involved with each other, but maybe if you show up today, you guys can talk about it face to face. You know, instead of waiting around to talk about it over the phone." "I'm not talking about anything with him." I turned to walk back into my room again and this time I made it but before I could take another step, Renee stopped me. "I can't let you miss out on commencements and your first business meeting for your own business. I can't make you do anything, Raya. But if there's one thing I will do, it's give you a choice. I'm not letting you miss out on these very important milestones. I know deep down, they mean something to you. So, it's one or the other. Either you attend the ceremony or you go to this meeting. What will it be?" Renee asked sternly.

It didn't take me long to make a decision this time around. My mind was already made up. "I've already made one bad decision involving myself with Seth Rollins. I'm never doing that again." I told Renee. "I'll see you at commencements." I said before slamming my door in Renee's face, shutting out everything and everyone again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...