Dinner With The Family

He carried me out of the play room and walked down the long hall until we reached his master bedroom. As soon as we went inside, we slumped down onto his bed without cleaning ourselves up first. We were too tired to do anything else but fall asleep in each other's arms.

Maybe I should take signing the play room contract into consideration...

(Saraya P.O.V)

I stood in front of the mirror, checking out how well my body fit into this lovely dress for tonight. The length of it stopped at my thighs, it was cut to expose my bare back, but it hugged around my waist perfectly, showing off my curves. The color of it was a nude shade, so it wasn't exactly my go-to color or my style, but I loved the way it looked on me. I wore a pair of high heels to match and just finished applying my signature shade of red lipstick. I had no idea what I was getting ready for but by the looks of it, I was more than ready. I grabbed my small clutch from off of the bed and headed down the long staircase to meet Seth in his front room. He was turned the other way, but once he heard the sound of my heels against the marble floor, he turned to face me and instantly smiled at first glance.

"You look beautiful, as you always do." He said to me as he looked my body up and down, checking me out. He placed one hand onto the small of my back and used his other to cup my cheek as he gazed into my eyes lovingly. I was already mesmerized but I wouldn't give into it. "Oh stop it and just tell me where we're going." I said with a soft chuckle and blushed hard after Seth complimented me. Seth chuckled as he glanced down for a second before looking back up to me. "You may recall that my mother invited us both to dinner at her house awhile back. Turns out, she'll be hosting that said dinner tonight." He explained and I smiled slightly. "Oh, really? You could've told me that." "Yes, I could've, so I did. But, I won't tell you my plans for after the dinner tonight." Seth smirked at me, knowing I would want to know.

"But---" I was cut off. "No buts. Except yours, which looks great in that dress, by the way." He laughed. "Seth!" I hit him on the arm playfully after he purposely glanced at my butt. "You're always so full of surprises. Why can't you just tell me?" "That would really ruin the surprise of it, don't you think?" He asked as he took my hand in his and held it. "Sure, but I just get so curious and ask thousands of questions about the surprise until it happens." "No matter how many questions you ask, I'm not going to tell you, Saraya. It's for me to know and for you to find out, okay?" Seth said to me and I nodded my head. "Now, let's get to the dinner. The sooner it's over, the sooner we can get to the surprise later on."

Later at the dinner

"So lovely to see you again, sweetheart!" Seth's mum, Holly, immediately hugged me after she had answered the door for Seth and I. "Mom, you and Saraya have met before. Dad, this is my girlfriend, Saraya." Seth introduced me to his dad as he greeted me with a handshake. "Very nice to meet you, darling. I hope my son is treating you right." "Oh yes, he is, sir." I smiled as I looked over at Seth, who returned the same smile towards me. "Well, he learns from the best. He knows how I've always treated his mother over the years, so he better know how to treat a woman, as fine as you are." "Dad." Seth glared at him as a sudden voice can be heard in the distance of the lively home. "Seth! Seth! Hi!" A short blonde woman with light pink tips on the ends of her hair came down the spiral staircase, smiling as she was happy to see Seth.

"Alexa! Hey! How are you?" Seth smiled as he and the cute blonde shared a tight hug with each other. "I'm doing pretty good! It's so good to see you again. My God, it's been forever." "Forever and a day, Lex. Glad to hear you're doing good. How's Blissful Beautique doing lately?" He asked her. "Always busy, but everyone gets their rightful moment of Bliss. The company's doing great, yours?" "Rollins Enterprises and S.H.I.E.LD. are doing just fine but now... " Seth paused as he turned to look at me with a smirk as the blonde woman, Alexa apparently, took a look at me as well, "I'm working on a new, up and coming project." He told her and I smiled happily. "AGAIN?!" Alexa shouted at Seth, causing both myself and him to frown up.

"Seriously, Seth?!" "Not now, Lexi." "Come on! You can't be serious." She said to him. "And you can't be seriously doing this right here, right now." He said to her as Alexa only face-palmed herself as I just raised an eyebrow. What was going on? "Oh, you two stop bickering! It never fails to happen with the both of you around." Seth's mum told them. "Listen to your mother. Colby, introduce them, so we can have a nice family dinner." His dad spoke as Seth let out a sigh. "Alexa, this is my girlfriend, Saraya. Saraya, this is my evil little sister, Alexa Rollins." "Ahem, it's Bliss, Alexa Bliss. Nice to meet you, Sarah." She gave me a smug grin as she held her hand out towards me. "Ahem, it's Saraya." I told her, returning the smug grin and not accepting her handshake. She can keep it.

"Um, okay. Wow, Seth. You sure know how to pick 'em, don't ya?" She took a jab at Seth with that same smug look on her face. I was about to speak up for not only Seth but myself as well, that is, until another voice suddenly spoke up, coming from the opened front door. "Alright, where's the food?!" Dean asked, inviting himself right on into the house with Renee by his side. I felt a bit relieved that she was here with him. I was a total outcast here, but so was she, so that made me feel better. Though she was quite the chatter box, I knew she'd fit right in, in an instant! "You can't just walk into people's house like that, Dean." Roman said to him as he entered the house right after him. "Well the door was open and the mat on the porch says welcome, so why not?" Dean chuckled as Roman just shook his head. "I'm sorry. Y'all know how he is." Roman defended his brother as Seth nodded, while his parents laughed at Dean. "You know you're always welcome here, guys. You're like Colby's brothers, so that makes you my sons, in some way."

Moments after everyone had arrived for the dinner, we were finally all seated at the table, enjoying the lovely dinner being catered to us. It was absolutely delicious and I really enjoyed myself, but the one thing on my mind was what Alexa had actually meant when she asked Seth, "again"? What happened before? How many times has it happened? Am I destined for this unknown thing happening to me? What could it be?

"Canada's okay, but you know, gotta achieve that American Dream! My mom always wanted the best for me, so off to the United States I went and never looked back." Renee spoke. "Now here I am, a college major and off to start a business soon with my partner crime over there, Raya." We smiled at each other. "It's all thanks to your wonderful son, who I idolized for years." Ren was an excellent speaker and I could tell Seth's family was enjoying her company. When she spoke, she made you want to listen. I admired that most about my best friend. "She idolizes me now." Dean winked at her as everyone around the table laughed at his comment. "Interesting. So you're involved too, huh? Wow. Two for the price of one." Alexa snickered as she took a glance at Seth before sipping on her glass of white wine.

"So Saraya, I've noticed the accent. Where are you from?" Alexa asked me. "Born and raised in England." "Oh, London?! How enchanting!" "No, Norwich. Norwich, England." I corrected her. "Norwich? Hmph. Never heard of it. Must be a slump." She shrugged as she stuck her fork in her potato and ate it as Seth glared at her coldly. He reached his hand underneath the table and placed it onto my thigh to let me know that everything will be okay. I had nothing to worry about. I hope. As much as Seth and Alexa seemed so happy to see each other at first, the truth seemed to be that they were obviously bitter rivals. Siblings, but enemies. What did that have to do with me?

"Do you travel back to England often?" Seth's dad asked me. "Not really. Mostly, my mum comes to visit me when she can. I was actually thinking of going back to England soon, now that I'm finished with college and all that." I mentioned, causing Seth to give me a cold glare now and remove his hand away from my thigh. I shivered a bit as I looked over at him, his cold stare glaring back at me for only a few seconds, but enough to let me know that he was upset. "That ought to be good for you. I know you must get very homesick every now and then." His mum said to me and I nodded my head. "Very much, but I can push through it." I smiled weakly as I took a quick look over at Seth again. Obviously outraged, but I paid it no mind. If anyone should be outraged, it's me.

He's not telling me something. Whatever it may be, it keeps getting thrown up in my face by his sister. If he won't tell me, then maybe, she would...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...