Chapter 47 - Heat of the moment

"Asher, get back" Daniel ordered in a calm and deep voice, but it was hard to concentrate on him. It was hard to concentrate on anything other than my panting mate in front of me, who smelled so delicious and gave of a scent, that invaded my mind and only let me think about one thing and that was to claim him. Everything inside of me screamed to take him and mate him and claim him as mine forever and by the look in Riley's very hazy eyes, that was also the only thing on his mind and his whole being begged me to just do it. 

But I knew that this wasn't us. That this wasn't just a desirer we both had, but that...somehow... Riley was in heat, something I had only ever seen happening to unclaimed female wolves, when they had already found their mate, but not...he was a boy and I- but again, it was hard to even want to think about that and get to the bottom of this, because the only bottom on my mind was Riley's and that I needed to mate him right now and mark him as mine. I panted, trying to hold it together and not give in to my undeniably strong desires, that made it hard to even remind my body to breath and survive on its own, as every faber in my body screamed for Riley and I knew he needed me even more. 

"Asher, come on son, you can do it...just step away from him. This isn't you, this isn't Riley, just...be the strong one" Daniel said again in a stern voice, trying to reason with me. He knew he could only try and get me to think straight, since first of all I, as a werewolf, had some experience in the field of holding back strong needs and desirers that were animal like, like to kill somebody or growl or something like that and Riley, having lived most of his live as a human, did not know how to control these urges. Also, the mate who wasn't in heat, which was me, could control themselves, if the will was strong enough, the other one, who was in heat, really couldn't and when I tried to pull away, I felt Riley's hands on my face, begging me to stay and just do what he needed me to do. My mate was panting and sweating in need to be claimed, as he begged "Please!" It was almost not audible and only came out as a breath, but I heard him and god was he making this hard for me. 

"Asher!" Daniel's booming voice ripped me out of my desirers and thoughts momentarily, but it was enough to stand up from my chair and take a few steps backwards and away from Riley, without taking my eyes off of his figure, that was sweating and panting in need and Riley immediately had the impulse to stand up and follow me, but Lynn, luckily, was quick to get up from her chair and hold her little brother back, who panted and groaned and...kind of moaned and I knew why....This was the heat that was controlling him and he was actually getting hotter, and I don't just mean his body and features, but his actual body temperature was going up with each passing second and he didn't know what was happening to him, his instincts just told him, that I could be the salvation out of his current state of misery. 

Pax immediately got ahold of my shoulders, ready to hold me back, as did Lynton, even though I knew they were kind of affected by the smell Riley was giving off as well...for a female it was dangerous to walk around alone and unmarked when she was in heat, as the smell only invited the males to claim her, even against her will, if they couldn't control themselves, but that hadn't happened in a long time, since normally, mates mate the first night after they had realized, they are mates and therefore nobody had to go into heat, since heat was only a way of nature to bring mates together and let them mate so...you know, kids and shit. That is why it was so absurd that Riley was in heat...there was no end result that could satisfy nature I guess, but maybe it was because I was an alpha and still hadn't claimed him or maybe any male and male mates would go into heat....

"Why is he going into heat?? He's a boy, this doesn't make sense" I was able to mumble, while I stared at Riley, who whined, trying to get out of his sister's hold with the little bit of energy he had left, as he had to try and get to me and so his father and mother quickly rushed to his side, holding him back as well. His mother laid the back of her hand against his head, feeling his forehead, before she turned to her husband, worriedly saying "He's burning up! Daniel, is he going to be alright??" Patricia didn't seem to have much experience with heat, maybe she was only familiar with the vague concept, but Daniel nodded, calming her down.