Chapter 63 - Epilogue

"I still can't believe you have chosen me as your best man. Pax was the obvious choice wasn't he?" Cecilia asked and I chuckled, as I was tying my tie, checking if I was doing it correctly in the mirror. True, everybody would have thought I would have obviously chosen Pax to be my best man for my wedding, since he was like the brother I never had and my beta, but I had my reasons for choosing my other best friend to do this job. One of the main ones was, that if somebody needed to be tackled to not ruin this day, Cecilia wouldn't think twice before doing it.

"Well he doesn't always have to be my number one guy, he gets to do that for a living, you know?" I asked with a grin and Cecilia laughed, wiggling in next to me and fixing her own tie. She didn't need to wear a suit, but you know Cecilia, she hated anything that reminded her of how she was groomed for years to play the part of the perfect and silent luna. She liked to be tough and appearing as so was part of it for her, but I mean, that wasn't my business and as long as she was happy, so was I. 

"But really, I wanted you to be there next to me when I finally get to marry my mate. You help me keep my head cool. That's why you are my advisor and you have been doing an amazing job for the past year now" I said, looking over at her and Cecilia smiled, returning my gaze. "Thanks alpha. Glad I didn't disappoint you. And don't worry, I'll make sure nothing goes wrong today even though...yeah weddings aren't really my thing" she shrugged, walking away from the mirror and sitting down on one of the chairs, taking her whiskey, that she had brought for me. The nerves she said, but I was as calm as one could be. 

"Not even with Lynn?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows and taking my own glass from the table, drinking some. Ah, a good one. But Cecilia was good with booze, she always knew how to pick a good year. She rolled her eyes at me, taking another sip. Yeah, she didn't like to get all lovey dovey and talk about her feelings, especially when it was concerning love. She was a really reserved person, but not just with me, with everybody. I think she felt like if she was to show emotions, she would appear weak, but I could only show her again and again, that that was not the case. 

"She will get you to do it anyway" I smiled to myself, as I nervously went back to fixing my hair in the mirror. I wasn't nervous to marry Riley, never, but just...I was nervously happy. I wanted nothing more than to marry him, even though it wasn't very common with werewolves to get married. Once you found your mate and completed the mating bond, there was no reason to do such a human act. But Riley was half human and grew up in their world, so to him, that kind of commitment was always something he had wanted at some point. 

"Oh shut up. Riley has you wrapped around his astoundingly not so small finger just as much as...yeah that beautiful bitch has me around her's" Cecilia said, chugging her drink and I laughed, sitting down next to her again. "There is no shame in admitting that your mate has your heart captured. But actually...I don't know, it feels good to be doing this. It feels right. Just committing through sex, I don't know. But throwing a party for it, I kind of like this. And Riley had been dreaming about his wedding day for many years now. I want to make him happy" I said and Cecilia smiled at my words. 

"You are making him happy. Honestly, I have seen him around school for years and he always appeared happy. But now, with you, he truly is. Because you do everything for him and that's kind of great. Sure you are mates, but you know as well as I do, that some mates don't care about the person they love, because their personalities are ugly and they don't give two shits about their happiness. Honestly, this is the first wedding I have even heard of that makes sense in my eyes. Don't worry, I can guarantee you, Pax is freaking out way harder right now and he doesn't even have a role in all of this" she chuckled and I knew that she was right. 

Pax was obsessed with the thought of everything going smoothly today which was just unrealistic, since it was a big event with many people. We were lucky if one thing would be going smoothly. I had already been informed, that he had thrown a couple out, because the woman was wearing a beige that he interpreted as white and even though neither Riley nor I was wearing white, he still thought it was tasteless and even growled at them. Cecilia apparently just got Jasper to take care of his mate and get him under control, at least for now.