c h a p t e r. 24

"It's precisely in despair that you find the most intense pleasure, especially if you are already powerfully conscious of the hopelessness of your predicament." -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

chapter 24

Jazz, when Castor asked him to wear his extra jersey a week after they got home from the castle, would never pass up to wear his clothing.

Not a lot of the god's clothes fit him, him being so much smaller than the musician but his extra jersey was about ten times too big on him and just the right size to be a fitted t-shirt on his boyfriend.

Viv and Jazz got a spot that was practically on the field, they were right in front and behind the french, just one platform up and able to see everything-- from this distance, if Cas was on his side of the field, he could just make out the colors of his song.

He wanted to kiss the celestial very, very bad but not only was he in the middle of what seemed to be like a intense game-- he didn't really know all that much about football, if he was honest, but he was happy to support his boyfriend-- but they were also in front of everyone including his team, so the musician doubted his god wanted to kiss him in front of everyone.

Jazz... feels like he's someone who not a lot of people would be proud to have.

He knows that Castor greatly cares about him, he knows his god appreciates him and likes him and enjoys his company, but he also knows that those things don't mean that the celestial also wants other people to know the musician is his.

"So," Viv began as the game began with a set of 'Set. Hut!' and Fly and Castor shoot off in that powerplayer way that's practically carrying the whole team. "How's it going with Awesome Roommate over there?" She gestures towards the field and Jazz flush a soft pink.

"Well, um, I actually have something to tell you--"

"You slept with him?"

"What? No!" Jazz reared back, going red right up to his ears. "We did not sleep together, you perv. He asked me to be his boyfriend, and I said yes! That's it."

"I figured," His best friend snickered, a wide grin pulling over her lips as both her hazel eyes and her lavender song twinkled at him. "But I'm happy for you, J, all jokes aside. Awesome Roommate... he's good for you, I can tell. Plus he makes you happy and he's respectful."

"Thank you, Viv," Jazz knocks their shoulders together with a smile, eyes watching Castor make a really cool move between two dudes, one crashing into his back and the other almost tripping him up-- but the god doesn't fall, he gets to the other side of the field in one piece and still holding onto the ball. "Is that a good thing or--"

The star's and stadium's football team erupting into cheers answers that question and Jazz happily claps along, whistling for his boyfriend, a bit lost in all the sound around him but seeing as Castor tugs his helmet off and throws it at Flynn, whose silver laugh he could see from his seat.

Jazz wrinkles his nose.

What is the celestial doing?

Why is he coming towards him?

What?

With wide eyes, the musician watches as Castor easily hops over the fence and climbs the stand to be right in front of him, grinning widely as he leans closer.

"Jitterbug," He says. "Kiss?"

Uh, um, what now?

Kiss? In front of everyone?