c h a p t e r. 13

"For dreams, too, are ghosts, desires chased in sleep, gone by morning." ― Libba Bray

This ones a little short :// but whatever, enjoy the update!

chapter 13

It had been a good three weeks since Axel and Cas had their little brawling match and things were... steadily making Jazz all the more blushy between him and the celestial.

Cas would flirt with him, tease him, kiss him and then-- and then go from hot to cute to 'holy hell, how can this God ever like me' in a mere hour. Which Jazz didn't mind, it always kept him on his toes to know which side of Cas he'd be able to see in that moment.

It was also kind of nice?

Because here the musician is, not anything special and completely okay with that, and then the celestial comes along and makes him feel like he's someone important.

The way he's so patient with Jazz, the way he understands and doesn't add pressure or doesn't make him feel bad for not having experience in certain things, how he watches him with that fond look in his eyes when he sings, the way he hums along when he plays guitar, the odd frown the celestial gives him but with that dazing emerald, those soft sunflowers and rose leaved and ethereal green.

All of it just makes him feel important.

And by God, the way Cas smiles at him makes him just melt.

He's going weak for this celestial and it's only been a couple months.

But, well, at least it makes sense.

Because Jazz  is a Red, and he falls fast and hard and completely loyally. He's Cas', undeniably. So why shouldn't he go weak for a man that makes him feel wanted? That helps him along the journey to liking himself?

Why would he ever want to not fall for a God that smiles like that, and who holds him even when he doesn't deserve it?

"Godling," The gruff, slightly accented voice of his papa calls out, his dark eyes catching Jazz's in the rearview mirror before focusing back on the road. "You okay?"

"Hmm?" The musician tilts his head, blinking further into reality. "What? Oh! Yeah, I'm okay, Papa bear. Just thinking."

Just thinking? More like overthinking.

"Thinking 'bout what?" Tio Auggie shifts in the passenger seat to face him, hazel eyes too excited for just a simple conversation but he had always been like that. Hyper on the outside and mind way too busy on the inside.

Bar, his papa, and Gus, Tio Auggie, had dropped by for a visit early in the morning at Viv's place and then Jazz came over to hang out with their dads too, having missed them. It was nostalgic from when the four would go get coffee back at home so they decided to make a day out of it, his mama and Auntie Fen with Nyx, Eris, Payton, and Axel while Tio Law and Eli had Dela, Atticus and their own three daughters.

Unfortunately, since the weirdo had an afternoon class though, they couldn't make it one hundred percent of the time but they managed.

The trio went on a small trip to a really big book store as they waited for her class to finish and now are on the way to pick up the weirdo to go get some muffins and a hot drink at the café that he and Cas usually went to.

It was nice, being able to see his papa and Tio like this.

He missed it, he missed being home, but college was still a great experience so far and he was just as happy here and there. A major part of that was due to the celestial, who he should probably tell them about.