c h a p t e r. 20

"A big desire is not enough to meet the expectations of lost dreams." -Dejan Stojanovic

chapter 20

"Are you sure I don't have to bring money, Jasper?"

"It's not that type of place, Star," Jazz says, a little amused. "And even if it was, you wouldn't need to bring money because we agreed that I'll be paying for things."

Castor gives him a dirty look but the musician just grins back at him before focusing on the road again. It was a week break for their college and they were using it to their advantage to go on their first date.

Since he asked, Jazz got the chance to plan it.

He already called ahead and informed Mrs. Patricia, the groundskeeper at the castle, that the two boys would be spending the week there and she got everything ready for them and informed the other young masters (who wouldn't be there anyway) that the estate was off limits to them for that duration of time.

His date plan was simple: show his God around his home, take him up to the large balcony and show him where 1. Nymph's Creek is and 2. Strawberry Heaven is-- a whole field of fresh, giant strawberries that's by the estate's apple orchard and then the next step would be to take him to those places and then butterfly land.

And, if it all goes well, he'll ask for a second date.

And maybe a third.

Eh, who knows.

"First off, jitterbug, it wasn't an agreement, you just won the fucking bet," Castor scowled, though his song was still a pretty shade of seafoam and emeralds. "I still don't think this is fair."

The bet was that if the star could guess within 100,000 dollars of what's in Jazz's private bank account then they'd share payments of any dates in the future but he was way, way off and since the musician is super fucking rich, he wanted to buy whatever they'd need.

And since then, Castor has been trying to go back on it but Jazz, as a Red and Astoria, had a lot of power not only financially but in most towns they go to-- which the god was very quickly learning-- and could pay for things before Cas even pulled out his wallet.

"It doesn't have to be fair," He huffed out, changing lanes. "You just have to accept it."

"Ugh."

"Come on, Castor," Jazz laughs. "Don't be grumpy. You're always really nice to me and I'm really awkward about a lot of things, not including how oblivious I am. Not that I know what I'm oblivious about, b-because you always refuse to tell me, but I know I'm missing something. It's only fair that I get to do something for you too."

"But--"

"Until you're taller than me, I get to pay for things." He teased, hearing his god grunt at him from the passenger seat. He was getting a lot more comfortable around Cas, and with being comfortable came his extra playfulness.

"You know, you don't act like you're tall." Castor told him.

Jazz tilted his head slightly, eyes flicking to him before focusing back on the road, "How do I act then?"

"Like a puppy."

Gaping slightly with heat rising to his cheeks, the musician hmphed, "I do not!"

"Yes you do," Cas chuckles at him. "You get so excited to see me, even if you just did five minutes ago or if I left the room to grab something. You're just like, really adorable, love."

"I... I'm adorable?" Jazz asked, genuinely confused. Because, just, how?

"This is why I call you oblivious."