c h a p t e r. 31

"You shouldn't blame others for the conditions you endure; we each have the freedom to follow which path we desire in life." -Steven Redhead

chapter 31

Viv and Payton are the two team captains for volleyball, simply because they're too chaotic to ever have the chance to be on the same team together and the way they picked teams were amusing, to say the least.

Everyone got on a team with either people they'll be fighting with the whole time or people who were a powerhouse together.

Like Nyx and Damien together worked really well but they also fought a lot and Eris was best friends with Payton and Lavender but when they're on the same team they get competitive and end up messing with each other just for shits and giggles, as does Axel and Nyx. Isaiah and Anadi didn't like each other too much but they kicked ass and with Arabella in that mix, were practically unstoppable. Dela and Ahmik were naturally athletic but way too unmotivated so they got stuck together with Atticus, Cara, Nymphadora and Aiko. Scar and Fly got on opposite teams and Jazz got paired with Scar while Castor-- to his carchaign-- got paired with the tinsel colored blondie.

So the two teams were the Oranges (most of the Reds and D'Silvettas were on this team): Jasper, Scar, Dela, Ahmik, Damien, Nyx, Viv, Isaiah, Anadi, Arabella, Axel and the Potatoes (no reason): Castor, Fly, Lavender, Cara, Eris, Aiko, Nymph, Atti, Isaiah, Payton, and Aiko.

It was pretty fair, craziness versus athletic ability evened things out pretty well.

The game had yet to start, the Potatoes were the team with the red jerseys while the Oranges were the shirtless team, which Jazz didn't like too much but said nothing about, him just taking his shirt off while everyone else did besides Viv who yoinked his away from him to wear herself and Damien-- the girls in tank tops or bathing suits of their choice.

Everyone in his family knew not to judge, so showing skin was never a big deal, even if someone had scars.

He did find it a little funny that Axel was on his team while Fly was on Castor's-- meaning both of them would get jealous at one point or another in the game just because that stupid D'Silvetta liked to annoying and Fly didn't know how to stop.

The god wasn't standing too far away from him, only about two feet to the right with Scar and Fly talked to him while he had the D'Silvettas all around him and picking fights with each other-- no shocker there, that bunch of weirdos loved a good bicker.

That's when he noticed, compared to Fly's tall frame, Castor looked a bit short.

And Jazz was a lot taller than the blondie.

Tilting his head, he eyed his boyfriend's body, half checking him out and half realizing just how... tiny the celestial was compared to him. He was attractive, lean but fit with a beautiful face and song.

He was lucky, really lucky, to have someone as amazing as the god as a boyfriend.

And he was very appreciative that his boyfriend was hot.

It's normal, and completely enjoyable, to like looking at hot people and this was his hot person, so it was extra special eye candy.

Raising his eyes from Castor's head, he realizes-- somehow, just now, for the first time-- that he didn't even come up to the musician's shoulders.

And his hair! His hair was fluffy and messy and added extra height.

...exactly how much extra height?

His body moved on it's own accord until he was right next to Castor, hand pressing down on the top of his head until his hair was flat. Jazz tilted his head, not noticing all three of them were staring at him, and moved his hand that was on top of the god's head towards his own body-- which reached the middle of his biceps.