c h a p t e r. 40

"I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time." ― A.A. Milne

This is???? So late???? and I am SO SORRY.

I've had a lot going on. I've lost motivation for a lot of things and had a lot of personal problems. I think it's been literally almost a year since I published this and since my Sister finished her half of this story.I'm sorry to everyone that's messaged me, worried, I'm really trying to write and to get better but it's been a, hm... yeah, it's been a process.Anyways, I love you guys! Thank you for the constant support you give despite my lack of attentiveness to this platform and followers.

chapter 40

News Year's Eve was a simple night away and like his own family, Castor's didn't stop themselves from celebrating early and playing games or getting drunk or both.

It was kinda funny, actually, watching the god's older siblings drink themselves into giggles or arguments that probably were so serious to a drunk person but downright hysterical to someone of the rather sane mind.

His parents drove the younger kids down to one of their best friend's houses and was staying there, so they kinda had the house rather to themselves in a way that they couldn't when the parents were there. Kinda weird, being in his boyfriend's house with it so full, still feeling like a child, with other children his age who were also legally allowed to drink.

He had a glass of spiked eggnog himself (not yet downing the second), but Castor refused to, which made him a very easy target for Nemesis and Max, both well past tipsy and well past annoying.

When he started to notice that his star was getting a little overwhelmed with the annoyingness that is his siblings and one rather dumb redhead, he asked to see all of his trophies and to his surprise, he said yes to viewing the shiny things.

They both got ready--Castor getting decked out in his coat and gloves while he just got out his shoes and gave a thumbs up to the god in recognition that they were ready to go outside and to the garage, where they kept them.

"All of your family is loud." Jazz can't help but to note as they step out from the house, arm resting around his waist as he shuffles closer. "Why are you quiet?"

"Oh," Castor pauses, song going a little deeper, delving into a color that's not seen often, that he doesn't know what to make of. "They have better reason to speak, plus they're better at speaking. And I know I'm quiet, Jasper and sometimes that could be a problem, but there's a lot more ways I say I love you-- bit hot innit-- than just saying them out loud. I don't want you to forget that."

"I know that, Castor," Jazz leans down to bonk their heads together, which seems to draw an amused huff out of the god. "I'm good about reading you now, if I do say so myself, and know when you say I love you without actually saying it. Like my fingerboop... but not, y'know, a fingerboop. Or just one specific thing."

Nodding, his greens go softer and brighter, settling down into adoration as Castor flicks open the lock pad, enters the pin, and makes the garage door open.

As the garage opens, the metal around it creaks from the cold, distracting him for only a second as an icy blue shoots through the interior. Inside, there was a truck and on the other there's a large freezer, boxes, and a bin of what appears to be summer floaties and pool noodles.

Castor moves into the building, going over to the boxes and grabs the one at the top, a small wince coming from him (probably from his still hurt wrist) before the god meets his eye. Tilting his head, the musician jolts when the rest of the boxes are kicked at him as if they mean nothing.