c h a p t e r. 9

"Thoughts are only thoughts. They are not you. You do belong to yourself, even when your thoughts don't." ― John Green

chapter 9

"Hey, Jitterbug, come on," A voice, soft and reassuring and so very green enters Jazz's senses, warm hands a flicker of touches against his arms, his body turning and exposed-- and exposed was bad, but then a familiar body was close enough to his that he didn't even think about pulling them right into him. "You have to -mph!"

There's a slight thunk, but no noise of pain, and his grip tightens, moving his hands to better pull the celestial against him-- mostly because he was tired and also just really wanted some cuddles.

And to sleep longer, so that's exactly what he asks, voice a bit rougher from his nap, "More sleep?"

"No more sleep." Cas says, voice thrumming with tension and anger and if Jazz wasn't getting the hint to wake up, he definitely was now. "You have to wake up."

The celestial's song was jerky and pitchy but still beautiful, his seafoam and sunflower content from when they were cuddling earlier was completely swamped over in moss and a burning forest green.

He was angry, very angry.

Though Jazz didn't get the chance to ask why, since Cas was already climbing out of the car-- oh yeah! They were in the car!-- and Nyx was standing by it with an odd expression on her face, her dark blue music popping a bit unsurely. Strange.

"Mornin'." Jazz rubs his face slightly, frowning when his jaw hurts. Also strange.

"Nah, dipshit," His older sister just shakes her head, not a smile but rather an amused I'm-trying-not-to-be-angry smirk on her face. "It's afternoon."

Watching as the celestial shoves his hand into his pockets, a jaw clenched as his gray eyes glowered at the ground harshly as if his divine power alone could cause the whole ground to shake.

Jazz was sure that if such a being like him wasn't trapped on earth, he would've.

Gods don't bow down to mortals, and they don't hold back on their wrath.

So it's no surprise that the celestial is no different.

"Jazz," Nyx calls him quiet enough that Cas doesn't notice-- his glare unflinching as they walk towards the coffee and tea stand, Eris and Dela already walking ahead with Axel not far off and Damien hanging from his oldest sister's side. "Your face."

"My face?" He brings a delicate hand towards to cup his mouth slightly, turning to her and making matching eyes meet. "Is it something with my jaw?"

She nods, "Axel bruised you and that butterfly of yours got... very upset. That's why he's like that."

"Oh," Jazz frowns, pulling up his phone to look at the camera, seeing the mulberry and darkish brown bruises covering his chin and jaw in the shape of fingerprints. Ugh, he always bruises so easily, that stupid D'Silvetta should've known not to hold onto him so hard!

The musician's grumbles cut off as he notices how much Cas is ticing, his arms jerking out in a way that looks painful-- but from previously asking if it was, he knows its not-- and different sounds and words come out of his mouth.

Jazz feels bad, knowing that Axel is the one who caused him to be so stressed and was halfway to asking the celestial if he just wanted to go relax back at the apartment when they finally got to the park's tables when a sharp "Hey freak!" broke through the soft afternoon air and made him flinch.

Because, well, he's been called a freak all his life.

He's used to it.

But Cas-- Cas is the one who responded, his body swirling around and impressively catching a football before it hit his chest, a scowl instantly on his face as he saw the tall man with the same eyes as him coming towards the group.