c h a p t e r. 14

"For the first time, she did want more. She did not know what she wanted, knew that it was dangerous and that she should rest content with what she had, but she knew an emptiness deep inside her, which began to ache." ― Iain Pears

I'm writing my frustration and upset-ness away :))

chapter 14

Hearing noises from inside the apartment, his Tio Auggie and papa tense behind him, Viv poking his arm in reassurance as he opens the door-- chaos welcoming them on the other end.

A woman, Jazz isn't sure who, with charcoal hair and laughter on her lips was standing on the back of his couch throwing grapes at the trio just a couple feet over in the doorway to the kitchen. Her song was, well, it was definitely a riot. Orange, mostly, but with streaks of yellow. She looked like a marigold came to life around her body.

That trio included a short woman with dark brown hair tied into a bun and the same eyes as both the celestial and Atlas but the same nose and scowl as Cas-- she had a very busy song, the velveteen red always seeming to bounce from one thing to the other and it was loud as she smacked the other two with a plastic tube.

Next was a tallish red-headed man with extraordinarily bright green eyes and a large pout, his song a mess between a deep blue and a vibrant purple, tousled hair and clothes that looked all kinds of messed up as with Cas, who looked very pissed off and was pushing the strawberry's head away from him with one hand and holding the man's arms at a length away too.

Over his shoulder, his papa's own song reached out, the pink coming over his shoulders and offering comfort just as Tio Auggie let loose an overzealous whistle, making all four pairs of eyes snap to them, a squeal and 'new people!' falling out of his lips a moment later. Viv just laughs loudly, giggling as her head pokes between her dad and uncle.

Jazz was a little frozen, his arms awkwardly at his sides, body wanting to do something-- wanting to help-- because the celestial looked so awkward but not knowing what.

"U-um," He flushed slightly, large body taking a single step back as he tilted his head, eyes flashing from color to color and trying not to get overwhelmed with all the new songs around him before they focused on the safe, soothing green that was familiar to him by now. "Is, uh, is everything o-okay?"

"What he means to say," Bar grumbled, dark eyes narrowed. "Is who the hell are you fucks?"

"I only invited one of them," Cas blurted out, a honeycomb of mint and chartreuse dancing around him as the redhead pulled on his arm with a hurt whine, going more purple than blue.

"Yeah, you fuckhead, you did!" The girl with the same eyes and busy smile scoffs, banging the tube onto the celestial's head making him retaliate with a growl as he tries to take it away but she just hugged it towards her chest. "I'm your twin, you annoying little shit, you have to invite me before you invite my girlfriend."

"No," He points at Noelle, chartreuse and moss overcoming everything else as his annoyance takes hold. "I only have to invite you if I want you to come with us. This was supposed to be a just-Noel experience, you little rotten mango."

"What an insult," Tio Auggie laughs, his D'Silvetta grin overtaking his features. "Reminds me of when Potato Queen tries to insult you by calling you a meanie, daddy."

"For the last fucking time," Bar snarls, glaring at his best friend. Jazz can't help but roll his eyes. His papa has been saying that their entire lives and yet Gus never stops, just like Viv and her weird names for people. "Stop calling me that, you shithead."