d e s c r i p t i o n

excerpt

"I am the textbook definition of in love with you."

description

Jazz Red has had a life full of love; his parents taught him how to value himself, his siblings taught him how to stand up for what he believed in, and his family has taught him what it means to matter to people.

He has people in his corner, there for him and ready to have his back.

He knows that there are people who are less lucky than him-- with unaccepting parents and cruel siblings and a harsh past. He knows that when things go wrong, sometimes people are alone. Sometimes they fall apart, and there's no one else there to catch their shattered pieces.

But he isn't one of them.

He has friends and family that love him.

So why does he want more? Why does he-- even with all the joy his family gives him-- want a different type of love? He feels selfish, undeserving. Why did he have to feel so bad about being alone when he was surrounded by people who appreciated him? Why did he have to want, why did desire never leave him alone?

Well, he finds out when he meets Castor Rex, a quiet and extremely interesting football player, and that empty part in Jazz's heart feels a little bit bigger when he starts to realize Cas could fill it.

Cas sees him as a grinning, happy dork he has no chance with.

Jazz sees him as a adorable, grumpy jock that now, is his.

Castor wants to get through the school year as quietly as possible but with how loud Jazz loves, neither of them know if it's possible, and to make matters worse they're roommates for the rest of the year.

It's only a matter of time before they come together or fall apart.

warning

Castor has tourettes.
His tics will be present throughout the entire book and their will be a theme of different aspects of mental health and depression. This is a mlm book, with many mentions and a healthy way of talking about/experiencing lgbt+ thing. If you won't be able to deal with that or find it annoying, please keep any comments to yourself.

This book is a safe place, please make sure it stays that way and be polite.

There will be mature themes, beware.
(Swearing, mentions of self-harm, depression, bullying, sex.)

collaboration

Since this is a collaboration book between me and my sister, @whoscountinganyway the writing process will be a little different and it's new to us to it might be a little awkward.

I will write a chapter, then give it to Cherish and she will change/edit it to Castor's POV. Then she'll make the next chapter, give it to me, and I'll edit it to fight Jazz. We'll be publishing them at the same time, hopefully one or two chapters per week. You don't need to read both books to understand, but it would be cool to check out hers! The title is 'Anomalies Behind Dorm Doors'.

Book four in the Red Series, can be read as a stand alone, but might mentions some spoilers for the other three and some for the D'Silvetta Series, and Cherish's User Series.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy!
-steslara