c h a p t e r. 11

"We hunger in earnest for that which we cannot consume."
― Nenia Campbell

GUYS BAR RED'S REDEMPTION REACHED 1 MILLION READS
okay continue I'm just happy :D))

chapter 11

Since Atlas was a being a douchebag to Cas-- surprisingly he was nice to everyone but the celestial?-- and took his room, sleeping arrangements got creative the previous night.

Nyx and Damien claimed the pull out bed-couch-thing while Viv fell asleep on Cas' bean bag, Eris and Axel fighting over the big couch before just getting too tired to bicker any longer and agreed to share (their siblings got photos of the awkward cuddling positions) and then that left Cas and the musician.

The celestial thankfully wasn't as awkward as him, and suggested for them just to share a bed.

With his Tourette's, Jazz was warned that he might get hit or kicked by accident but honestly, as someone who just plops down regardless of when or where he is when tired to sleep, that didn't matter much to him.

Besides, he got free cuddles!

Jazz is the first one to wake up-- and he wakes up to divine bliss.

The celestial was soundly asleep on top of him, curled into his chest and head delicately pressed under his chin, nose against his neck, breathing softly. His hands were clutching the bottom of the sweater-- Jazz's sweater-- he's wearing and his legs tucked between the musician's.

Jazz himself had his arms wrapped tightly, even in his sleep it seemed, wrapped around Cas, the blanket they were using now a pool around their hips, his body heat enough to keep himself and the typically cold God warm.

"Hmm," He hummed, moving slightly to press a kiss onto Cas' forehead-- thankful that like the rest of his family, he never has stinky morning breath. "You're a good thing to wake up to, Cas."

He kisses his cheeks too, then his nose, and-- not quite resisting the temptation-- lightly pecks his lips as well, a soft dusting of pink against his cheeks, mellowing out his freckles.

"Ngh," The celestial sleepily replied, gray eyes squinting open and making Jazz flush a deep red by just eye contact alone. "Mornin', Jitterbug."

And maybe it had to do with the fact that he just processed that he had the honor of cuddling with Cas literally all night long.

It was honestly better sleep than he got in months.

"Why are you already blushing?" Cas chuckles lightly. "I didn't even do anything."

"Yeah but you're really cute," Jazz pouts. "It's too much for my brain to handle in the morning."

Teasingly, Cas' lightning-strike eyes flash and he wiggles slightly to be able to point to the door, "I can always go."

"No!" Jazz whines, tugging him back against his chest fully and snuggles him hopefully persuasively to make sure he stays. "I'm yours and it's too early." he grumbles for a moment, realizing his accent is coming out again. "So more cuddles?"

"Sure," The celestial chuckles. "More cuddles."

Then-- fucking then-- the horrible noise of Axel trying to play guitar blares through the otherwise peaceful morning air and startles Jazz, the ugly and pitifully bright yellows and neon purples, along with a color that's blue but not quite blue but definitely not anything else, creeping in from under the door.

Burying his face into Cas' neck as the celestial swear, the musician releases a deep groan of annoyance, his eyelashes fluttering against soft skin and he hears as the other boy's heartbeat picks up.