c h a p t e r. 3

"I get what it's like to want something, but to try and force yourself to really believe that you don't."
-Cara Carmack

Hope you guys enjoy!! Also, this chapter from my sister's book, Cas' POV, is like, twenty times better and you might wanna go check it out??

chapter 3

"Vivianna Apate D'silvetta," Jazz snarled out, pushing her face away from his face as she clung onto him in a bear hug, his stupid best friend refusing to let go as she laughed into his ear. "Get off, you ugly gremlin."

"I'm a beautiful gremlin, Jazz," She giggles out, hazel eyes winking at him, hugging him tighter around the waist and making him grunt. "And my name is Queen Vivianna, thank you very much."

"Sorry," He slapped her forehead, making the weirdo whine and push away from him. "All this time I thought it was Queen Dumb Bitch."

"That's my middle name," She cheekily grinned back at him, making Jazz roll his eyes-- she just had to interrupt his peaceful morning.

Him and Cas successfully did their run from their dorm, very few stumbles or crashes from the clumsy boy or the ticing one, but when they got to the cafe the crazy girl known as Viv jumped onto her bestie and well, refused to let go of him since.

She definitely had her mom's soft personality with blunt smirks and her father's ability to flip from genius to silly to terrifying.

She was a gonzo but she was amazing.

And Jazz's best friend so he was stuck with her.

"Who's this?" Viv asked, hazel eyes curious as she peers over his shoulder at an awkward looking Cas, the celestial twisting his fingers together as he silently observed the duo.

Jazz straightened, standing in front of his crush-- he was pretty sure he was a crush, just not completely certain-- and blocking him from view while giving his best friend a warning look.

She better not flip out and scare Cas away or make him more stressed out.

Which was her usual affect on people.

"That's Cas, he's my roommate." He explained. "And you're not going to purposely annoy him just to see what bothers him, okay, V?"

Viv pouted, "Fucking kill joy. I was just gonna ask him what's poppin'."

"You absolutely were not," Jazz snorts. "I saw that look in your eyes."

"What if I was checking him out, huh, J?" She snaps back and then giggles wildly at the glare her best friend shoots her. "Ah, I see. You found your butterfly, huh?"

Butterfly, aka the term their families use just to call the 'one', since many special moments happen in butterfly land and it's a place where love is special, recognized, and hard to ignore under the starlight.

But it was way too early to use that term, especially when Jazz wasn't quite sure what love felt like. Not that kind of love, anyway.

"No," Jazz scowled, bopping her on her nose. "Just back off, okay? Besides, you already have Ahmik--" Someone she swears is her butterfly, but the D'Silvettas have always been good about not being in denial about their own feelings while Reds were a mess with theirs. "--and I know you wouldn't be checking anyone else out."

"Whatever," She leaned around him, waving at Cas who blinks back at her like he doesn't know what the fuck to do-- which, dealing with one of Tio Auggie's children, is valid. "Hi!"