c h a p t e r. 27

"There are few things we should keenly desire if we really knew what we wanted." -François de La Rochefoucauld

chapter 27

Jazz warned Castor, he did.

He warned him that his family might be late-- because when there's the Reds and D'Silvettas together, things were busy, loud, hectic and things usually lasted three times longer than they needed to be-- but he didn't think they'd be that late to the airport.

It must've been at least two hours past when he told his boyfriend when they'd be there.

He did text the god, there was no reply so the musician thinks he got lost in either reading or listening to music.

What he didn't expect, however, was to get to his family's airport and walk up to Castor-- who had a sketchbook and pens out, doodling away-- and find him singing.

He didn't even know the celestial could sing.

It was... it was beautiful. He was beautiful.

"Know that you and I, shouldn't feel like a crime." He watches as his god hums this out, deep voice smooth as he continues working on his drawing, filling the air with ethereal green and seafoam. "You know I'll do anything you ask me to but oh my god, I think I'm in love with you."

He moves his knee up, shifting his hold on his sketchbook, making it more stable as he bobs his head along with the words, "Standing here alone, think that we can drive around. I just wanna say how I love you..." The star hums, "I think we could do it if we tried, if only to say mine. S--"

Then, unfortunately, he cuts off when he notices Jazz in front of him, green going surprised and louder with slight panic. His drawing supplies fall right to the ground.

"Um," He rocks on his feet, blushing slightly as he waves at his boyfriend. "I was just...hi?"

His sisters, Viv, and the rest of the D'Silvettas besides Auntie Fen laugh at him while his mama waves at Castor too, his papa offering a pilote nod while Fen stares, not knowing what to make of Jazz's new partner.

Behind them, he could see the Riddles, Astorias, and Coppes in a group together, smiling and laughing as they shouted to grab the other families' attention.

"Hey," Castor, almost sheepishly, replied, his eyes looking away. "Did you... hear all that?"

Jazz hesitates.

Could he say yes?

What happened if he lied?

Was he not supposed to listen?

Did he not want him to hear the singing?

"Jasper," His boyfriend stood up, hugging him and placing a soft kiss onto his lips. "Nevermind the singing. Are you going to introduce me to everyone?"

"Uh..." Jazz looked at everyone around him. "I don't know, that's a lot of people."

"Little J!" His mama scowled and Castor playfully shoved his shoulder and he laughed.

"Okay, okay," He wrapped his arms around the god, dragging him to be in front of the musician as he placed his hands at his elbows gently. "Everyone, this is my boyfriend, Cas Rex. Get into family groups please-- Axel you are not a Coppe, get outta there!"

Laughing, the stupid D'Silvetta obliged, a little too amused by his usual antics.

"Alright, so we have my family, the Reds, who you all met," He gestured towards his parents and sisters, to which Castor nods again. He steps away from the celestial and picks up the sketchbook and pens for him, smiling as he hands it and his backpack back to him.