c h a p t e r. 39

"That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong." ―F. Scott Fitzgerald

This is for , my sister, for our 17th birthday which is today (4/12).. Hope you have an amazing b-day and that you enjoy this and all the presents I got you. Sorry I made this at like, 2 in the morning, I forgot you wanted it done by a certain time lol. ((I also reached 2M in Bar Red's Redemption so yay!!!! That was a nice present))

Anyways, guys, love you all and enjoy it!

chapter 39

"Castor," Jazz nervously tugged his hands over his sleeves, his car parked in front of a one story, large-ish house with a nice yard and pretty, decorated porch-- the gods house. "Are you sure they're going to be okay with me staying here? What if they don't like me?"

"That's impossible, Jitterbug." Castor sighed from him over the phone, green crackling through the speakers like faraway thunder. "They'll like you, I promise."

"I'm going to embarrass myself," He just looked forward, staring ahead with wide eyes. "I can feel it now. I'm going to do something stupid and my few braincells are just going to laugh at me without helping."

"Jasper, I hate to break this to you," Castor said, voice and song way too amused and green for his own good. "But every time you've 'embarrassed' yourself, it's simply been cute and nothing else."

"Okay, let's pretend that for a moment you don't think I'm cute--"

"Can't."

"Castor, my star, shush," He huffs out. "You d-don't think I'm cute, or attractive, or whatever you think, okay? And I do something like trip over my own feet or accidentally start to stutter something out in Greek, what would you think? Would your parents think I'm weird? Oh snapadoodles, what if they don't think I'm good enough for you?"

"Jasper--"

"They're gonna think I'm bananas or something, mumbling on like I am. It's the anxiety, I swear. I'll be more calm when I'm around them, I promise. I w-won't embarrass you."

"Take deep breaths, Jitterbug," The celestial makes his voice softer but commanding, making the musician listen without even having to think about it. "Good, now I'm going to come down and meet you at the door, okay? The people in my family... they're good people who don't judge, okay? They'll like you, that I have no doubt in. If I thought you'd be uncomfortable or that they'd hurt you in some way, I would've never invited you to come."

"I know," Jazz replied gently, voice still a bit shaky. "I'm just not used to, I'm not-- no one ever wanted me to meet someone who was important to them before. You're my boyfriend and, a-and Circe and Atlas and even Fly I met by accident. I know you're not afraid to show me off, you made that pretty clear, but showing me to parents is a whole new thing."

"I met your parents," Castor pointed out, sounding a little upset but something in the musician made him think that it wasn't his fault. "And not only is it fair for you to meet mine, but I want you to because I'm proud that you're my boyfriend."

Jazz made a soft, surprised noise as his face went red. His mint eyes widened as he froze, looking back towards the house as he heard the door open, his boyfriend's lightning-strike eyes looking right at him as he shut it behind him.

"Why're you all blushy?" He asked, and the musician watching his mouth move but the green come out of his phone was weird, along with the slight echo his actual voice made against the car's window. "I didn't even say something flirty."