e p i l o g u e

He has no need for faith who knows the uncreated, who has cut off rebirth, who has destroyed any opportunity for good or evil, and cast away all desire. He is indeed the ultimate man.
-
Gautama Buddha

So, so, so sorry for this being so extremely late. My sister's side of this is already done and has been for literal months. I, however, couldn't find the motivation to write it even if it was right in front of me. I just couldn't and for that I'm sorry.
(I hope you guys enjoy it, even if it's heckin' late!)

epilogue

Being home, he's aware that Castor gets up and out of bed before his body ever considers him ready to wake up, but it still sucks sometimes to wake up with empty arms. It's always a bit off putting when his brain registers that there's no one next to him.

This morning, he was conscious enough to be confused when there's some kind of noise--crinkly like plastic, then fumbling like something's getting caught, both orangey and dark--in the room around him.

Then, the smell of hot chocolate reaches him.

"Hmgh?" He sleepily questions, not willing to lift his head from the pillow.

In response, the god climbs into bed and casually sits on Jazz's lower back, leaning to kiss his cheek.

"Jitterbug." Green sparks behind closed eyelids and he gets kissed again. "It's time to get up."

"Hmm," he grunts, stuffing his face closer to the pillow. "No, it's not."

"Au contraire, Love, because it definitely is. We have somewhere to be."

Jazz hums. "Hell?"

"Eventually, yes." Agreeing, his celestial presses a soft kiss against the back of his neck, which feels nice enough that he relaxes. "No, Jitterbug, don't--" He growled. "--go back to sleep. I'm taking you to my safe place, and it's a cliff. And it's winter. Which means we really want to be there when the sun is still out and if we try to go later in the day my family will distract us."

Aw. That sounds cool.

Grumbling, Jazz turns to the side to face Castor more, shifting a bit under him. "Can't get up if you're on me, my star."

"That's bullshit and we both know it, but fine." With a huff, Cas flops over onto his side of the bed. "Now you really have to get up, my love."

All part of the plan.

"Jokes on you," the musician chuckles out, rolling over to be pressed on top of him instead of actually getting out of bed. "Now you can't get up, either."

"Jasper," the god groans but he only nuzzles into the side of his neck. "I made you hot chocolate and everything. Please get up?"

Tempting offer, but Jazz just tightens his arms and continues to cuddle.

Growling as he moves, the celestial wraps his legs around his hips and pushes on his shoulders so they flip around again. Surprised, Jazz feels his cheeks heat up, merely blinking as he pins his arms down with one hand and grabs his jaw with the other.

"I'm so done being nice," he announces. "Get up or I'm gonna make it so you're sore and then have to go climb through the woods."

"Bossy," he pouts, delighted. "But fine, I'll get up."

Knowing he won, Castor grins and drops the hold on him, smoothly moving to stand off the bed. Horrible, horrible man he's in love with, leaving him like this.