c h a p t e r. 33

"I didn't grasp that desire and duty could rival each other, least of all that they most often did." -Susan Choi

chapter 33

Viv and Payton had a sleepover at Jazz's and Castor's cabin-- claiming the couple wasn't fully infected with craziness yet and that it immediately needed to be fixed until they were just as wacky as the two girls.

Which, obviously, would never happen but with how many pieces of popcorn his best friend bounced off his head, he felt close to going mad.

And, now, him and the twins were awake and making food. The god was still passed out in their room-- having woken up enough to kiss the musician good morning but still sleepy enough to cuddle further into the bed and not help with breakfast.

"Oh my fuck," Vivianna cackles out, tears in her eyes as she smacks the top of the counter.

Jazz gasped for breath, and was laughing so hard it hurt, face flushes as he struggled to speak, "Why-- holy fuck-- why would you do that?"

He broke into deep chuckles again, almost on the floor as his chest heaves with amusement, mint eyes shiny and crying as he sees the glare on Payton's face-- making him and Viv break down all over again.

"I didn't mean to!" The crazy lady was flushed deep with embarrassment and she whined. "Stop laughing at me!"

"C-can't!" Viv stuttered out, kicking her legs out with a giggle. "Oh my god. You just--" She snickered, banging a fist against her thigh as she tried to breathe, but all the words came out strained. "You just did that!

Payton decided to flip an egg not only with a spoon and her non-dominant hand-- but she also made it stick to the ceiling. And then she tried to get it down by throwing more eggs up there because 'the heavier it was, the more likely it was to fall'.

Just... no.

Jazz doesn't know where the D'Silvetta genius failed her, but he doesn't have enough time to question it when a loud bang comes from his room.

There's no "I'm okay!" or "Nothing broke!" or anything else from Castor that indicated that he was okay or awake, so if he did something in his sleep or fell and hit his head or something, he could really be hurt-- which makes him sober up from his laughing fit pretty fast.

Rushing to his room, followed closely by the twins, he throws the door open and is met with a heartbreaking sight.

The god is trembling, crying, a pained expression full of fear stuck on his face, eyes moving frantically under closed lids. His legs kicked out, and his arms slammed against the lamp-- the broken lamp, stuck between the bed and the little stand and making sharp shards dig into his skin.

"Viv, get the first aid kit, Pay call my papa." He instructs, rushing to Castor's side and quickly pinning the celestial down so he'd stop hurting himself, hand holding tightly just above his elbow to not cause harm to the injury any further but not let him stab himself anymore.

A nightmare.

He's having a nightmare.

"Castor," Jazz knows he sounds frantic-- but that's because he is. "Come on, wake up."

The god didn't say anything, just continued to struggle, a tragic sob falling from his lips as he began to fight against the musician-- knee coming up and hitting his side pretty hard, hands scratching at his skin and he thrashed.

"Viv! The kit!" He shouts, feeling the blood slick under his fingers as he struggled to keep his hold on the wild star. "Hurry!"

"I'm trying," Viv shouted back, voice thick with emotion. "It-- it's got stuck! Payton, you need to help me!"