c h a p t e r. 35 pt 2

"What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve."
-Norman Vincent Peale

chapter. 35 pt 2

"Jazz, come on!" Eris shouts, his sister smacking on the living room wall-- all his siblings, their partners, and his god were waiting for him to come back into. "We want to start."

"Is Papa back yet?" Jazz replies at equal volume, moving to face the living room, giving Axel the middle finger as the stupid D'silvetta nods his head in a goodbye-- going back to his own cabin to have his own Christmas gathering.

Papa replies for himself-- which gives him an answer-- and soon, all of the Reds and their loved ones are gathered around the room. It's a little tight, with so many people and so many different conversations going, but the musician doesn't mind because that means Castor is pressed right against his side.

His boyfriend, as the newbie, has to unwrap three presents first and decides to just go with the three packages he already had (the ones Axel had given him earlier) and quickly discovers what's inside.

When he first opened it, Jazz thought that it was just a red sweater, but then Castor pulled it out further and the green hoodie and the dark seed pattern covering it. Then the legs and the feet pooled over his legs and a grin pulled over his lips.

It was a strawberry onesie and he wasted no time in pulling it over his sweatpants. Pulling off his-- which is really Jasper's-- sweatshirt off to allow the top half to go over his arms.

Jazz doesn't miss the surprised silence his parents gave when they caught the scars over his boyfriend's arms but they don't say anything. They understand why they're there, and they also understand not to ask.

If Castor wanted them to know, he could always go to them.

Chuckling at how happy the god looked, Jazz tugged on either side of the onesie and buttoned it for him so he could pull him down for a short but sweet kiss.

"You're such a dork." Castor tells him, smacking one of the musician's shoulders with one of his sleeves that went well past his hand. Cute.

Jazz scoffs at his words, "Says the one wearing a strawberry onesie."

"Open the box that's wrapped shitty." Nyx interrupts, pointing to her fiance. "He likes whatever's in it, so I want to see."

The musician pulls Castor over his lap, snuggling closer after handing him Damian's gift. Reading the label he says, "It's from Tio Gus."

"Yeah," The god turns over the box that's covered from edge to edge in tape, the wrapping reading 'Birthday Girl!' over it as he tics and snaps his jaw multiple times. "I figured."

Jazz can't help but to grin at his boyfriend, eyes moving down to see what the gift is. Surprising him, there's a pair of earrings at the top of the box. The one on the right, one he can tell instantly catches Castor's attention is a soft pink strawberry earring with a mint green top that attaches it to a rose gold end. The other is a matching pink stud.

The musician forgot that he wore earrings, honestly, and watches as he puts them in.

But hell does he think that his boyfriend looks fucking adorable in his strawberry onesie and strawberry earrings.

The strawberry part of the earring lightly knocks into the hooked back as Castor tics, tinging in a soft purple that mixes beautifully with Castor's green. For a moment, just a moment, Jazz can't help but to wish his song was something brighter, something more beautiful instead of just... dark.