XLIX

It was a quietness that had taken over the Patterson's home, as a fight between a son and a mother had just ended, Emily took a deep breath as she looked at Luke with a serious face. "You can not drop out of your senior year, just because you wanna make music Luke!"

"Mom, it's not just music! We're good and this gig can change our lives, I can't spend my time in a classroom" He tried once again to explain but the sound of his father closing the door that Thursday morning, made the whole house once again quiet.

Luke took his backpack and without saying his goodbyes he went and drove to school, of course, he knew his parents were never pleased by the idea of their son making music, and yes, he knew the idea of dropping out with only half a year before graduating sounded crazy.

However, Luke knew that playing the Orpheum would make Sunset Curve famous, which would make them go on tours, book more gigs, he couldn't be stuck in math class, while he would be outliving his dream.

He knew how to cheer himself up, so as he parked his bike, he went directly to locker 272, where Mila as always was placed chatting with Reggie and Alex. Luke sneaked up behind her, surprising her when he gently kissed her cheek.

"Morning" He whispered into her ear, which made her cheeks turn red, Alex and Reggie looked at one another and smiled like two small fangirls, seeing their ship finally getting together.

"Are you ready to decorate the gymnasium today?" Asked Reggie, as he looked at Luke, who did not seem pleased to be reminded that his Thursday, which he could have spent on rehearsing, would be spent on Bobby asking if the blue or white lights would work better for the dance floor.

"Did your mom find a dress?" Asked Alex, trying to ignore Luke's face of disapproval. Mila nodded slowly as she faked a smile, which of course the boys noticed, however, did not ask about.

"Yea... my mom found one for me... I think I'll ask Caroline to alter it, but else it's okay... now will you excuse me, I have to use the restroom"  and with that, was Mila gone from Luke's arms, he looked confused at Reggie and Alex who shook not knowing what was wrong either.

As lunch came by, walked Mila into the cafeteria thinking she would be able to get her lunch, but when she came to the lunch lady, a note was placed on her plate, she looked confused at the wrinkled woman, who simply smiled at her. She took a deep breath and opened the note, finding a smile form on her lips.

She walked up the stairs and when she came to the top a melody of a guitar-playing was heard, on the floor was a blanket with her usual lunch waiting for her, as well as Luke with a bright smile seeing her, with a guitar in his hand.

"You couldn't just write, meet me at the roof could you?" She asked as she showed the note, which in bad handwriting had written: 'Important meeting, the roof at 12'

Luke shook his head with a bright smile: "Sit down my lady" He chuckled, which made her giggle as well, she carefully placed herself beside him as he sighed, giving her her usual chicken sandwich and apple juice.

"What is all of this?" Asked Mila as she opened her juice taking a sip. "You seemed sad this morning" He truthfully spoke as he looked into her eyes, she took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of peppermints.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered, he shook his head as he placed her hand in his. "You know, you can tell me everything right?" He asked as he looked at her, she nodded slowly as she placed her head on his shoulder. "I know Luke..."

There was a quietness which went over them, however, it was not a bad one, it was a relaxed quietness, an understanding one, which Luke gently broke by playing the melody of 'Bright' causing her to smile.